DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
Member Infinitum
692 Posts
so what is the new whip? total dash rebuild?

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Scion tc 2011. I know there is a build log on here about deadening a TC. (kpopsucks) and he was right to do it. The car is loud as ****kkkk to drive. But its a 6 speed and its super fun. Im VERY hesitant to do anything wild with this car and its so damn beautiful. I don't wanna cut up the interior.

For now i am going to leave it stock and drive it for a while. Make sure its reliable and i didn't buy a lemon. When i'm comfortable with it. Most likely still gonna run horns but we'll see. it depends on how much stuff i'd have to rewire/relocate. If its alot. I'll most likely end up with a normal cone system. The doors in these are absolutely perfect for a 3 way system.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
The car itself is like one big lego. i can seriously pull half the dash apart with my bare hands. Its all clips. I've looked at a few youtube vids on how to remove the dash and it looks like i could quite easily take off about half the dash top and built an enclosure there.

Im also CONSIDERING taking one of my IB15s and venting it through the tire well but thats a very big maybe. Im concerned about going through the trouble of deadening/sound absorption/mlv the whole car and then cutting a giant hole in the floor where sound could come through. I didn't really have issues with the Camry and the large holes in the kicks there. If the speaker wasnt in and i drove. It was glaringly obvious there was holes in my floor but with the speaker/enclosures in. I couldn't specify a road noise direction. The car itself was super loud anyway though so who knows.

If all goes to plan and i get the guts. What ill most likely do is a horns under dash, Midbass in door(sigh), a shallow mount sub in the dash(Sundown SD-3) and an IB3-15 in the tire well for them lows.

241 - 244 of 244 Posts