DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Audio Must Go

I know this gear isn't everyones cup of tea but seems like a great deal for the asking price of $400. I don't have any spare fundage else I would grab it for sure.

Evan

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Not too bad. He's asking for $400 inside the listing but titled at $350 so i think there's quite a bit of "wiggle room."

You've probably seen my ad on CL and not known about it ;) I didn't know there was another Madison member here on DIYMA...just a couple people in Milwaukee and Green Bay...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is at least one other madison member that I know of, but I am not sure if he purposely does not display his ID. I just joined, very cool site.

As far as the $400, they were listed at 400 yesterday. I am kind of interested in the focal components, primarily for the tweeters. Do you need that amp/deck? Maybe we can lowball the guy and get some cheap gear and sell the rest or something.

Evan

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
oooo...errr...I could "use" both but no one is buying my MA amp currently and I love the adjustments in my Pioneer head unit. The JL seems to be going for $130-$170 on ebay...

Too bad as well...no one I know cares about audio anymore :(

Oh...I wonder if the seller has the CD chosen for the Eclipse head unit?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Ground bolt...yes LOL

Believe it or not, a replacement set screw is impossible to find. It's an M7x1 thread about 20mm long, and not even Fastenal nor Grainger have it on their sites. Ace has a good selection but all they have are M6 and M8 sizes. Menards no...Farm & Fleet no. I lost it like 3.5 years ago when I took the amp out of my old car.

Still works...just ghetto as hell...don't really want to try and tap it to the next Standard size...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, if there is any hope for selling that amp you need to tap that thing out and put something less janky looking in there. If your too lazy, or don't know how I could do it for you. I am extremely well equipped for tools.

Evan

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
That's the one...yea yea! :D It had to be big so the bolt head would clear the chassis and be able to turn for one...and not short out for the other lol.

My dad has a bunch of taps and dies in the basement if I can find em. And there's no guaranteeing the right size is there to begin with...

I'd probably not try it myself, cause I know I'll mess it up. I'm ok with a Dremel but that doesn't help here...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could always drill the center of that bolt out, thread it, and cut it off and thread a set screw into the bolt effectively making a collar for a different sized setscrew if you were so inclined, and didn't want to drill the amp.

hows that for a run on sentence?

BTW; In all seriousness nobody is going to buy that amp like that. I remembered the ad and that was the only part I could recall.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
How is the set screw going to be held into the bolt? I understand the threading of the bolt, but I mean the set screw would just unscrew instead of the bolt. JB Weld is nice for holding nuts and bolts in place but it's not good when stressed.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Ohhh I might have some of that downstairs...

It made sense, yep...not the first or even the second time but it's clear now LOL :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.