DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have a simple 2 way setup consisting of a Vifa PL18 and a large dome tweeter. Currently my tweeter is on dash while the Vifa PL is at the bottom of door panel angled slightly upwards...Here's the problem came...

I didn't quite like the Vifa (but i would like to maintain it since i spend quite some money to make a fiber enc. for it, and i don't wish to mess with my door too much), but i'm thinking of spending some money. :D My initial ideal was a kickpanel, perhaps i'll add in a 5inch midwoofer to play from let say 300hz-2000hz...the exisiting Vifa PL just in the range of 70-300hz perhaps...but if i will construct a kickpanel, it would be nicer to move the tweeter down there as well, but i'm a guy without any equalizer, all the crossover work is done by the built-in amp crossover (my HU does not have all these functions), when i put all the driver (midwoofer, midbass and the tweeter) down at the bottom, will I not able to get the stage up high? remember i'm a guy with no time alignment, no eq etc etc...i scare of having a new setup which sound much worse...

basically to add in the new 5inch is just trial and error, and its a 3-way ;) , yet i think limits the Vifa PL to just 300hz will basically cure most of its illness and weaknesses (anyone vouch for this)? since from there and up is the new 5inch and the dome tweeter territory....

let's the opinions/suggestions flow.... :cool:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone willing to shed me some lights?

1. Maintain current Vifa, spend money on another pair of 4inch or 5inch driver (perhaps Vifa MG10 which Npdang reviewed?)

2. Just scrap the Vifa and get something better like the Seas CA or better 7inch.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
No eq is very very tough. I'd probably pick one of those up before swapping any drivers or changing the system around.

In the car, Imho the major sound quality determinants are 1) strong early reflections and 2) frequency response. The somewhat minor differences in non-linear distortion and what not are fairly inaudible.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for ur reply, think will hold back a while on upgrading the driver :) but any advise on adding a eq to my system? let's say usd400 max!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.