DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any great recordings that could be used to show off the performance of your tweeters? Preferably something with alot of fast, hard hitting guitar plucks/stringing? Or a good xylophone or bell track that really shimmers and sparkles?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ive got this that you liked, but its only in mp3..

Its a song from one of the Cowboy Bebop soundtracks (OST #2 - track 3, i believe), but I got the 4 disc boxset and it has a different version.. :(

http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/~vinny/DontBotherNone.mp3

^^if you want the version that i have, just email.. <<4-disc boxset are recorded on gold disc, however i dont really recommend buying it unless you have to have it - in that case ebay is your best friend.

also:

http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/~vinny/WaltzforZizi.mp3

http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/~vinny/FeltTipOpen.mp3

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
ahh thats easy

xylophone

any tito puente album

plucks

bob marley redemption song (very slow , buut on the remastered version the guitar is very pronounced)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dang,

I would DEFINITELY recommend Eric Clapton's unplugged album...i listened to it once in a car with raven R1s and it blew me away, the guitar plucks and background percussion were fantastic. Give the cd a listen, for sure

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
npdang said:
Does anyone know of any great recordings that could be used to show off the performance of your tweeters? Preferably something with alot of fast, hard hitting guitar plucks/stringing? Or a good xylophone or bell track that really shimmers and sparkles?

Thanks! :)
"Let me touch you for a while" Alisson Krauss :wink:
I'll burn you some cds if u want...

·
Registered
531 Posts
MIAaron said:
Private Investigation - Off the Dire Straits album, "Sultan's of Swing". It is an extremely well recorded album.
the ending of that song is simply bonerific.

great album too.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I prefer the first section of the song. The past few years of my life I've been a lot more attracted to the full bodied sound of an acoustic. Electric has it's moments to, but it just doesn't grab me the same anymore. The end is pretty sweet though. :D

Sultans of Swing is one of few cd's that I consider a must have.

·
Registered
531 Posts
MIAaron said:
I prefer the first section of the song. The past few years of my life I've been a lot more attracted to the full bodied sound of an acoustic. Electric has it's moments to, but it just doesn't grab me the same anymore. The end is pretty sweet though. :D

Sultans of Swing is one of few cd's that I consider a must have.
even the live songs on that disc are amazing....knopfler is the man.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Derek said:
MIAaron said:

Sultans of Swing is one of few <a href="cd%20s" onmouseover="window.status='cd\'s'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">cd's</a> that I consider a must have.
even the live songs on that disc are amazing....knopfler is the man.
Agreed. A wonderful mix of everything.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yes, just a great mix of an album. The only song I'm not real big on is the one that sounds like the beach boys.

dang,
There are bells in the middle of Private Investigation to.

Can anyone recommend a good BB King album? I was listening to the Ray Charles "Genius" album last night and the BB King cut just kicked ass. I'm going to be picking some of his stuff up during lunch.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Dire Straights, Brothers in Arms, is one of the all time best recordings I have ever heard, I love the whole album.

The last track, Tom's Diner, on Susan Vegas Solitary Standing has a very complex layering of different sounds that would really be cool to listen to, not an incredible recording but quite nice. In fact I cannot wait to hear it, will be at least a couple of more weeks if we can average at least 8 hours a dayx2 on the install.

For Dynamic impact Flim and the BB's, anything they have done, synth but interesting, a good system stress test.

A few others I like for various reasons, Michael Ruff, James Newton Howard, Lyle Lovett and his large band, Ottmar Liebert, Alan Parsons Sound Check II has some interesting tracks, ...

Jim Keltner on the Sheffield Track and Drum Record, that is going to be sweet!!!!!!!

Rick

·
Registered
531 Posts
raamaudio said:
Dire Straights, Brothers in Arms, is one of the all time best recordings I have ever heard, I love the whole album.

The last track, Tom's Diner, on Susan Vegas Solitary Standing has a very complex layering of different sounds that would really be cool to listen to, not an incredible recording but quite nice. In fact I cannot wait to hear it, will be at least a couple of more weeks if we can average at least 8 hours a dayx2 on the install.

For Dynamic impact Flim and the BB's, anything they have done, synth but interesting, a good system stress test.

A few others I like for various reasons, Michael Ruff, James Newton Howard, Lyle Lovett and his large band, Ottmar Liebert, Alan Parsons Sound Check II has some interesting tracks, ...

Jim Keltner on the Sheffield Track and Drum Record, that is going to be sweet!!!!!!!

Rick
james newton howard had a hand in the batman begins soundtrack....along with hans zimmer.....had to pick that one up last night :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
I really like Brothers in Arms to, great album. But as far as the quality of the recordings, Sultans of Swing us far superior. BIA does have the better version of money for nothing though. SOS only has the radio cut. :(

·
Registered
531 Posts
MIAaron said:
I really like Brothers in Arms to, great album. But as far as the quality of the recordings, Sultans of Swing us far superior. BIA does have the better version of money for nothing though. SOS only has the radio cut. :(
they also chopped the song BIA on the SOS disc :(

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Brothers in arms was recorded in Monserate(spelling) in a very small studio, physical size, and you hear things that you would not hear in most recordings. Of coures it takes a very very good system to hear all the little details and frankly most systems will not reproduce them very well, get's rather muttled. I have only had one system that brought them into sharp focus.

Rick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts