DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm not sure if that will work because it doesn't have the ring like the sony one does. But the price is cheap enough, I wouldn't hesitate to buy that and try it out!

·
Registered
406 Posts
That Amazon adapter is just changing the connector type, mini optical to toslink optical.

the C90 requires one to convert from a coax type to the toslink optical, just that Sony's coax is a 1/8 in plug..

I am guessing that the output on the c90 is just coax SPDIF with a different connector, may be able to make your own 1/8 jack to RCA, then convert it to Optical.

convert coax to optical

·
Registered
382 Posts
The unilink cable just controls the remote turn-on for the xdp-4000x and allows you to select different settings; no audio is sent through that cable. You'll need an optical and/or rca cable to send audio to the processor.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know that the xdp-210eq can accept RCAs as well as the optical, but I'll have to trust others regarding the xdp-4000x. I too would like to find a cheaper replacement as I broke mine years ago removing my HU from a different vehicle.

P

·
Registered
619 Posts
pyropoptrt used to own an 4000X, so he's on the level. I bought it from him... and sold it to ACRucrazy last month. ;)

The 4000x can definitely accept RCA or optical input. The tough part is finding the adapter.

If you can get access to a wiring diagram, it's possible to "create" a coax digital out, but it's way beyond my abilities... the three pins on the 1/8 inch connector are basically ground, digital signal and 5v to operate the D210 or D211 adapter- the digital signal and ground are what's usually referred to as "coaxial" digital.

·
Registered
382 Posts
That Amazon adapter is just changing the connector type, mini optical to toslink optical.

the C90 requires one to convert from a coax type to the toslink optical, just that Sony's coax is a 1/8 in plug..

I am guessing that the output on the c90 is just coax SPDIF with a different connector, may be able to make your own 1/8 jack to RCA, then convert it to Optical.

convert coax to optical
To use that adaptor you'll have to convert the digital out to a standard coax out on the c90. I don't know the specifics on how to do this but I know that audionutz had it done to one of his c90s. After that you need to use a potentiometer to provide enough voltage for that converter to send the signal through the fiber optical cable. I know that audionutz had this set up in camshaft's car. Hope this helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts