DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Premium Car Audio and Video

Each of Sony's new A/V Navigation systems features a high quality WVGA display that offers one of the brightest and highest contract screens available in market today. The XNV-770BT model is a 7-inch, fully capacitive touch motorized panel display and the XNV-660BT model is a 6.1-inch capacitive touch with several hard keys such as volume and key menu buttons.

Both new A/V systems feature rear USB-1 wire connectivity for simple hookup to iPod®, iPhone® and other digital music players, full Bluetooth capability and a stylish graphical user interface (GUI) that includes large, easy-touch buttons. When listening to a connected device, the music playback screen will display all song metadata and album artwork.

On the audio front, the new XNV-660BT and XNV-770BT models feature multi-channel playback with Center Speaker Organizer (CSO), creating virtual 5.1 channel surround sound throughout the car. The advanced sound engine (ASE) ensures a high-quality, digitally enhanced sound experience and allows users to customize the in-car sound field to match their tastes. Further, Sony's unique SensMe™ feature has the ability to automatically create custom music playlists and radio channels from a connected music library.

press release
Sony brings TomTom to US-bound XNV-770BT and XNV-660BT in-dash head units -- Engadget

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anybody seen one of these yet?
I wish. YouTube has a few videos of it, and from what I can tell, the interface is responsive both in navigation and audio/etc control modes. I'm *very* interested due to this. Currently, the Pioneer has poor navigation, but good UI responsiveness, and Kenwood has great navigation but poor UI responsiveness. TomTom generally is second best to Garmin, but not by much, and the UI looks snappy on the Sony.

Can't wait to see these in person.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Eclipse tried this and it didn't work for them. Check ebay you can get one of the Eclipse's for under $100!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Eclipse tried this and it didn't work for them. Check ebay you can get one of the Eclipse's for under $100!!!
Tried what? Using TomTom? It's better than the navigation in the Pioneer units, as well as the other roll-your-own systems in other manufacturer navigation HUs. I suspect the Eclipse being inexpensive on eBay is related to other factors, beyond TomTom navigation.

I just hope Sony did a good job with the HU itself, from the audio quality to the UI/speed. I think that will be the determining factor regarding the success of this unit, and there's no way to know until we can get our hands on one. I've read November is the expected release month, but I've yet to find an actual date.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
If its anything like the new ford integration (king ranch) that sony does.....ITS AMAZING! I love my ken/garmin and like my wifes clarion but this looks extremely intriguing. Plus as quirky as tom toms are they do have some cool features available that no one else offers. I just hope sony put the smack down with tom tom's q.c.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts