DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have recently faced a seriously annoying issue with my Sony XAV-AX 1000 car stereo. It all started about 2 weeks ago. I have noticed that the right speaker (driver’s side in this situation) is a bit quieter. I thought that I might have accidentally tweaked the fader, but it seemed centered. Day after day it only got worse, so yesterday I decided to check this out. The speaker appears to be working, but it is barely audible (about 5% of what it’s meant to be at a certain volume). I have also noticed that the same thing happened to the rear speaker (also driver’s side). So i decided to swap channels (LF and RF to be precise), and it appears that the speakers are working just fine, because after swapping, the left speaker seemed to be muted. I have rewired all speakers as well, with no effect. What could be the issue before I attempt the warranty option? Also, if nothing helps, is the warranty void if its wiring has been sliced to make connections? Thank you for any sort of information that could lead me to a fix.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You ruled out the speakers and the wiring

Assuming no external amp, you blew the internal amp in the xav ax1000.... remove it and test it on the bench

Another option, if no external amp, is to install one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You ruled out the speakers and the wiring

Assuming no external amp, you blew the internal amp in the xav ax1000.... remove it and test it on the bench

Another option, if no external amp, is to install one
There is no external amp. The stereo has a 4x55W built in amp which was sufficient for my basic needs. The wiring from the speaker side must be fine since it’s working when connected to a working channel. The last thing I want to try is to get a replacement Sony 16-pin to ISO adapter and see whether there are no shorts down there. If this doesn’t help, I will count on my warranty.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would just warranty it since you have already swapped L/R and it followed the output from the deck. It’s highly unlikely your Sony harness is shorted before the connection to the vehicle IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts