1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought this amp... I can assure you it is not for a beater. I have it on my bench and have 2-12 Orion xtr subs hooked up @ 4 ohm.. And 2 Infinity 6x9s and a set of Mb Quarts comps. This amp really does push all of it. And does a very clean job at it.. I wish i could find one more.. I would dump some jl audio trash for it...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
wanted that one myself but was at work when it ended or something and I didnt take it..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well if you ever get another chance... Grab one. I collect alot of old car audio, and this one has stayed on my test bench the longest. I had the ADS PH15 and there is no comparing. I have all channels running @ 4 ohms and it is just perfect.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I like the older Sony stuff and know it quality equipment. I am still keeping my eyes open for a good condition xm-3040 or amps from that series. Mainly for nostalgia( my first amp was a 3040 ), but would like to make use of them.

The beater system disclaimer was mainly because many on this board think you have to have 100-200 watts per midbass alone. Headroom is nice but it is can be hard finding all in one units that have huge power numbers. I am glad you ended up with that amp. It suprised me to see this thread bumped up though...especially since it seemed hardly anyone had interest when posted originally.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Yeah, I like the older Sony stuff and know it quality equipment. I am still keeping my eyes open for a good condition xm-3040 or amps from that series. Mainly for nostalgia( my first amp was a 3040 ), but would like to make use of them.

The beater system disclaimer was mainly because many on this board think you have to have 100-200 watts per midbass alone. Headroom is nice but it is can be hard finding all in one units that have huge power numbers. I am glad you ended up with that amp. It suprised me to see this thread bumped up though...especially since it seemed hardly anyone had interest when posted originally.

hardly anyone but me and curly....I even mentioned it to my friend while on the phone but I was at work and couldnt access it at the time...oh well...will not happen next time

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh you don't want one of those... They are junk.. Let me have it and i will save you from spending money...:D.. On the xm 3040 I think i have one of those still new in the box... or maybe it's a 3025? Hell i can't remember.. But i am going to storage and i will look... Got to dig out some old Hifonics so might as well look

·
Registered
333 Posts
hardly anyone but me and curly....I even mentioned it to my friend while on the phone but I was at work and couldnt access it at the time...oh well...will not happen next time
Well I look forward to buying it from you 5 days after you win the auction, and 5 days before you actually receive the item.

I kid, I kid...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Well I look forward to buying it from you 5 days after you win the auction, and 5 days before you actually receive the item.

I kid, I kid...

actually....you kid ...but I am not sure I am going to keep the xm-c2000 I won so it will be for sale....wife never locks the car so it doesnt warrant me installing anything other than cd player in the car.......so your actually right on with that statement...haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts