DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking about this upgrading my sound for some time now. Here's what I've had in mind. I'll italicize my questions and bold items are already in my possession and not up for debate. FWIW, the vehicle is a regular cab Toyota Tundra. Here we go...

Source: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

AMP: JL Audio XD700/5

FRONT: JL Audio C5-650x Considering going the three way route: JL Audio C5-653 with the midranges in the dash's stock tweeter location and tweeters in the sail panels. I haven't done much measuring, does anyone have any idea if they'll even fit in the dash @4"?

REAR: JL Audio C2-690tx in their own boxes.

SUB: JL Audio 10W3v3 at 2Ω

What do you guys think? I'm thinking about nixing the XD700/5 in place for the XD400/2 and dropping the W3 because I'm worried the W3 won't be enough sub. But I really want to stick with a one amp setup. Decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
or... I could nix the 400/2 for the smaller 200/2 and just power the components. I don't really need to amplify the 6x9s, they can run off the head unit.

Which reminds me, where is the best place to buy an extra wire harness for the Pioneer? Once again my OCD has bit me in the ass. When I put the head unit in I thought I'd never need rear speakers and clipped the wires right at the plug :cwm23:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a few days of reading I realize why I didn't get any responses.

You guys aren't very big JL Audio fans are ya?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure that your affinity for JL Audio has anything to do with the lack of replies. But who knows?

JL Audio C5-650x Considering going the three way route: JL Audio C5-653 with the midranges in the dash's stock tweeter location and tweeters in the sail panels. I haven't done much measuring, does anyone have any idea if they'll even fit in the dash @4"?

I don't own a Tundra so I have no idea what is going to fit. But with what I've seen around here, nothing is impossible.

I'd ditch the rear fill 6X9's especially if you're going for a 3-way front stage. It's just not really necessary. The sub depends on what you can fit in your truck and how much low end you need in your system. If you are doubting that the 10" sub will suffice, then maybe a pair of 8" or a single 12". If you're running your components passive then I think you'd be okay with a nice 4 channel amp. Maybe bridge the rear channels to your sub(s).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After doing some reading I think I will stick with the XD4OO.4 and buy a set of HAT Imagine 6.5s for now.

If I feel I absolutely need a sub I'll save my pennies for a bit and ourchase a second mono sub.

-

The only reason I bought the 6x9s was for tailgaiting. I made a switch and ran some wires to the bed so I could just pull them out and listen to some music whilst roasting in the South Florida sun.

They honestly sound like sh!t IMO but I think the small wedge boxes are at fault, not the speakers.

I'm hoping the alleged 75w from the JL will wake them up a bit. What do you think?

·
Registered
238 Posts
i personally owned a 10w3v3, and was very happy with it until it developed some major coil rub (because i'm an idiot, long story). anyway, unless your looking for some very serious bass, I think it will suffice. It hits nice and clean, and is a good option if you can get it for a decent price (craigslist ftw!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts