DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 Mustang – I ground the rust out of the floorpan, mostly just surface rust. I coated with a rust encapsulator and then a rustoleum primer over the entire area. Question – I would like to put further rust inhibitors on the floorplan before installing raamat BXT II. My question is would it be better to merely add another layer of the primer, or I have some rubberized bedliner material from 3m which I have read is very good rust preventative. I think the bedliner would be the best rust preventer but I have read that it is best to put the mats on to metal as opposed to have some other sound deadening paint on the metal. Heard this specifically from Ken at Second Skin that you lose 20% effectiveness if using Spectrum and then the mat. Anyway was just wondering if anyone else would confirm this? Your thoughts please? Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I recommend a product called "Zero Rust." But I am not sure how well it will or will not work over the primer you used. I would call them and ask.

Keep in mind that no oxygen = no rust. So anything that will keep the oxygen away from the metal will result in no rust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.