DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, second post and let me tell you, LOVE your guys collective wealth of knowledge!

Was reading up on my new love's pdf instructional manual/brochure (purchasing tomorrow morning...::whispers:: after check clears *ahem*) the HAT Imagine 6.5 components, and

a friend THOUGHT it said in there to NOT dampen behind them??

Thought sound dampening was ALWAYS preferred for any setup nearly. No?

I have no idea about sound dampening, however I am sure I am not the first one to ask such an elementary question regarding the subject.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I have a 2010 Camry LE stock, 800W audiobahn amp powering 1 12"sub, 500-600w(cannot remember) pio amp powering 2 6.5 component sets, 1 hat 1 alpine type-r's(for rear fill) and Clarion CZ500 HU.

I would love to hear specifics as to what your thoughts are and why.

Also, greatfully, read about an amazing looking product, the <a href="http://www.raamaudio.com/products/RAAMmat-BXT-II.html">BXT-II</a>
^^ would such a product be needed/efficient for what im working with?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wowza. Sound deadener showdown... Super informative. Kinda got my answer.. But now the question is... How much approximately do you think would be reasonable to just have the satisfying thud in the front two doors and maybe a little in the trunk(and by a little i mean both the cld and ensolite layers)?

Well actually... doing the math now.. 67.5sq ft of both the MLV and CCF would be 188.31 alone, plus the approximate maybe... what? 10 sheets max i figure of CLD? would be another $24.50 for a grand total of $212.81??

Does that sound feasible to do both front doors completely and some of the floor and trunk? I suspect I am way off and will be needing twice that for a real pro type job but I am just looking to noticably increase SQ and not much more. Would be lovely to get an approximate quote for a 2010 Corolla LE though for both SQ and full "thud" factor if you will = )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts