DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new here and really enjoy browsing through the site, alot of great information. I recently upgraded my sound system in my 2003 Silverado Ext Cab by adding a set of Focal Access 165A1 components and a Boston Acoustics GTA-802 amp to power them. My question is about sound deadening; what would be the best choices for my application? I was thinking inner and outer skin on the front doors, possibly the ext cab hatch doors as well, and also the back wall. From what I've read here I should be doing a CLD followed by something like Ensolite or Luxury Liner correct? Should I add Ensolite or LL to the door skins also or maybe just the back wall? Sorry for the long post I'm new to all this stuff, thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
From what I've read here I should be doing a CLD followed by something like Ensolite or Luxury Liner correct? Should I add Ensolite or LL to the door skins also or maybe just the back wall? Sorry for the long post I'm new to all this stuff, thanks!
Do a search on this forum or Google sound deadener showdown. Read all the information and it will answer your questions, save you money and help you do it correctly.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
+1 On reading through Soundeadenershowdown. And Don (guy behind research on SDS, rudeboy is his username) is a good guy, email or pm him with any questions. He is very knowledgeable and has plenty of tips and tricks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts