DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gutted the cab of my truck and am going put sound dampened pretty much everywhere. I'm also going to insulate the roof and floor before carpet. Is it ok to insulate the inside of the doors? Or would hurt sound quality of the components that will go in the door?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
NO ideally what you want to do is layer dynamat (or whatever your using) then closed cell foam thats on the inner door skin.
On the outer you want the dynamat then closedfoam the mlv.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I followed the advice of Don from Sound Deadener Showdown, who's earned a reputation in the field. He recommends applying the CLD (e. g. Dynamat, Damplifier or Don's stuff) then closed cell foam, then MLV to the inner door skin. CLD on the outer door skin. This is what SecondSkin or other reputable companies would recommend as well.

Bear in mind 25% coverage of CLD is sufficient (although not all vendors will say this, Don will). Don't put any closed cell foam on the outer door skin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.