DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys I am looking to purchase some sound deadening…

This side of the world we have the following:

1. STP
2. Dynamat extreme
3. Vibe
4. Second skin

So Dynamat is the most expensive - Vibe being the cheapest and STP about the middle

Is there a fundamental difference between Dynamat Extreme and say Vibe of STP… at almost double the price?

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,502 Posts
Vibe is good stuff, I’ve used extreme before, tbh I use deadener in combination with other things, I have stainless steel in my roof bonded in and all the roof supports are bonded to the outer skin, basically I wanted as rigid a structure as I could get, then deadened over it with vibe and used closed cell foam in places where the roof lining touched to prevent buzzing, I’d do the same in doors also if I had drivers in them too along with bonding aluminium angle in to stiffen them also

· Registered
801 Posts
Resonix if you can get it. If you can't, the only one I would probably chose from that list is Dynamant Extreme... The good more expensive stuff costs more but works a LOT better and you could( if you want) use less of it to get the results of more cheap ****.. let alone ignoring the fact that cheap **** melts. Never heard of Vibe however..

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Resonix if you can get it. If you can't, the only one I would probably chose from that list is Dynamant Extreme... The good more expensive stuff costs more but works a LOT better and you could( if you want) use less of it to get the results of more cheap *.. let alone ignoring the fact that cheap * melts. Never heard of Vibe however..
Resonix would cost me $300 more because of shipping

· Registered
3,058 Posts
I would put Dynamat on top from the ones that you posted.
Im using Silent coat - similar to STP. works good, adhesion is great. I used a lot material, that I would say is the same as Dynamat Extreme,... rock solid when apply 2-3 layers

· Registered
801 Posts
What’s the cost out of interest between DE and Resonix?

40 sq ft of Resonix is 265$ in the states.
36 sq ft of Dynamat xTreme is 199$ in the states.

Tax and possible shipping charges not included.

· Registered
3,934 Posts
I would add KnuKonceptz Kolossus to your list if you can get it through Amazon.

It is butyl based and tested very well in the MOASDMTT (mother of all sound deadening materials testing thread) here and also weighs in at .96#/sq foot

· Banned
24,246 Posts
Resonix would cost me $300 more because of shipping

maybe not. I can get an international shipping quote. Just pm me on FB

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

It is butyl based and tested very well in the MOASDMTT (mother of all sound deadening materials testing thread) here and also weighs in at .96#/sq foot
Trying to avoid shipping costs so sourcing local

· Banned
24,246 Posts

Lots of reports of melting in the new Facebook group

· Registered
801 Posts

After seeing others and my own kolossus melt and cost me.. several hundreds once I find the right door cards... never again :(

1 - 20 of 259 Posts