DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this is a really weird problem. Where my sound just turn off after about 15 min of driving.

Things I have checked:
Power wires to the amp.
All the grounds. There all bolted down.
I replaced the fuses in my amp.

My friend suggested to check if my speaker wires to is if there grounding then just throwing my amp into protect mode.

Any quick help?

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
You said the grounds are bolted. How so? All the paint ground off all touching areas, and then bolted down w/ a conductive bolt?

Throw a pic up if you are not sure how it should look.

Grounds are the main place to start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You said the grounds are bolted. How so? All the paint ground off all touching areas, and then bolted down w/ a conductive bolt?

Throw a pic up if you are not sure how it should look.

Grounds are the main place to start.
Yes. It's done right. It's done all right.

I also have the Big 3 done. All the right way.

Your amp is probably going into protect. How do you have it wired, are your subs wired to 1ohm?
UUHH?? why would my sub be wire to 1ohm when my sub or amp can't even do take that...
There hook normally. Amp to sub.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Yes. It's done right. It's done all right.

I also have the Big 3 done. All the right way.

UUHH?? why would my sub be wire to 1ohm when my sub or amp can't even do take that...
There hook normally. Amp to sub.
Ok man, we're just asking the questions that need to be asked to help you.

If you want to be an ass, piss off! Obviously something's not "done all right" or else you wouldn't be having problems.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
You could try getting down the basics, if you want to verify everything is Ok with the set/setting of the amp.

Easiest way I know to do this is wire straight to a car battery and run signal off an iPod or something similar. That way you can monitor your amp directly.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
All you need is power , correct ?

Alternator to battery to electrical system in vehicle to .... amps.....speakers...

You have no juice :(

UP grade time !

·
Registered
404 Posts

If you want to be an ass, piss off! Obviously something's not "done all right" or else you wouldn't be having problems.
I believe aside from and Audio problem, y'all are having a language/culture barrier problem...I know 'cause I watch 'King of the Hill'.:p Good question by the way.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Nah, it was blunt but appropriate.

Is pretty ridiculous to ask us for help, and then insist that everything is "all fine." WTF kind of answer were you looking for, OP? We couldn't possibly have been any more helpful. Everything is obviously not fine, or you wouldn't have posted the facking question.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Sorry. I didn't mean to mean like that.

You could try getting down the basics, if you want to verify everything is Ok with the set/setting of the amp.

Easiest way I know to do this is wire straight to a car battery and run signal off an iPod or something similar. That way you can monitor your amp directly.
Well if I just leave the car just on. It's fine. The HU works just fine.

All you need is power , correct ?

Alternator to battery to electrical system in vehicle to .... amps.....speakers...

You have no juice :(

UP grade time !
What?

I think it's the speakers grounds them self.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah, it was blunt but appropriate.

Is pretty ridiculous to ask us for help, and then insist that everything is "all fine." WTF kind of answer were you looking for, OP? We couldn't possibly have been any more helpful. Everything is obviously not fine, or you wouldn't have posted the facking question.
What else could be the problem. What else throw amp into protect mode.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts