DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone have some recommendations for a 12”? 2003 civic sedan with plenty of trunk space. i have a great mid bass response and current sub is acoustically crossed around 70hz. i need something (or a pair) that dig deep and bring strong ‘bottom of the spectrum’ energy. if that makes sense haha

i’d like to feed it roughly 250-300 watts and i’m on a budget lol. any recommendations/advice greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
budget sq subs like the dayton ho 12 would probably be a good place to start. If you have lots of trunk space and have a higher output requirement consider the 15 HO perhaps. I'd start with modeling those up on the power you have available. If the car is a sedan you could consider IB.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
budget sq subs like the dayton ho 12 would probably be a good place to start. If you have lots of trunk space and have a higher output requirement consider the 15 HO perhaps. I'd start with modeling those up on the power you have available. If the car is a sedan you could consider IB.
hell yeah thanks dude! it is in fact a sedan. i would love to just get rid of the back seat and mount a sub in its place; using the trunk space itself as a box. but i have no clue how to go about choosing a woofer for a given airspace, desired sound and so on. is there some sort of calculator or anything you know of?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts