DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to setup a sound system for my vehicle and am looking for some advice. I am using a very small vehicle so am going for a pretty reserved setup. So far, I plan on upgrading the head unit, putting 4” mid drivers in the front doors, super tweeters and 5.25” co axial speakers in the rear panels (it’s a two door vehicle), and lastly, a compact active subwoofer under the drivers seat (I love bass heavy hip hop). I am wondering if the coaxials in the back are unnecessary and if I should go for a two speaker setup, or lose the components all together and just use 4 co axials. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Are you limited to the 4"? You'll have a hard time getting them to blend with a sub. Don't really need the rears but if you prefer... coaxial is ok. Would be better if you can fit a bigger speaker in the front doors

None of this matters if you're just making a minor improvement over stock and care nothing about all of the usual aspects given on this forum.

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I am limited to 4” in the front :( Thats the reason I didn’t want to get a passive sub with it’s own monoblock amp cuz that would really overpower the speakers.. only reason I thought of doing the rears is because I’m assuming the speakers will have to fight a bit less with the sub ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess the coaxials would give me a bit of bass and I could lose the sub but I’m worried I will blow the speakers because I really enjoy blasting those low frequencies

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Having a small sub will definitely help but not many options with a 4" in the front without sticking to coaxial. Component sets in that size tend to be rather expensive unless doing something custom, so I would just find a good grade coaxial for the front, a matching 5.25" for the rear and call it a day.

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am trying to setup a sound system for my vehicle and am looking for some advice. I am using a very small vehicle so am going for a pretty reserved setup. So far, I plan on upgrading the head unit, putting 4” mid drivers in the front doors, super tweeters and 5.25” co axial speakers in the rear panels (it’s a two door vehicle), and lastly, a compact active subwoofer under the drivers seat (I love bass heavy hip hop). I am wondering if the coaxials in the back are unnecessary and if I should go for a two speaker setup, or lose the components all together and just use 4 co axials. Any thoughts ?
What model car is this may i ask?

·
Registered
582 Posts
So absolutely no way for a larger diameter up front?
Typically there is always a way, it just depends what youre willing to spend for custom fabrication. The door can be built out, its up to your wallet.🙂

·
Premium Member
9,102 Posts
Can you describe the OE speaker locations that you are trying to use?

Where are the tweeters, 4" mids and 5.25" coaxials located?

How much mounting depth and diameter do you have in each location?

How much room (length, width, depth) do you have for the under-seat subwoofer?

Do you have any other locations you are willing to use for the sub, and if so, how much room do you have?

What is your budget?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts