DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I played my system to a judge today and he mentioned it sounded too flat. He had to run but gave me a few tips. Overall how do you make a system sound more "musical" and "dynamic"? I'm running the pxi-h990 processor so I have ample control over the equalizer but which frequencies should I be targeting?

·
Registered
991 Posts
ok... here I go again... Im going to reinforce the quote in my signature...

I see a generic list of vehicle product in your signature, which, kudos you took the time to do that... but.. still... what music reference did this "judge" use? what kind of judge are you refering too?

You question is like asking " all girls say I look average, what can I do to improve my look?" & then not post a pic...

based on what music material & what criteria were you judged "flat"... Im not saying they are right or wrong... just asking for a reference...

#1 most important question is: HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU?"

Rob

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rob,

I'm very familiar with how it sounds to me. To me it sounds fine but I would like to compete this year more aggressively and want to be better prepared for the next competition.

The CD he used was the IASCA SQ CD which has a bunch of different songs and instruments. When I RTAed the car I got a almost flat curve but I'm wondering which frequencies are the most common to add extra zest into a song (preferably ones used on the IASCA CD)

·
Registered
407 Posts
The "judge" could have just been a know-nothing tool too. Or sitting too low or high compared to how you sit in the car...who knows.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought "flat" was one of the goals for SQ...as opposed to colored or over EQed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts