DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is killing me, but it's time to let my gem go. I've got way too many amps, and this is one of the finest. If not for the fact that I found a more powerful near-mint Hifonics VII Olympus a few months ago, this amplifier would be in my car.

If you're reading this ad, a Soundstream Class A Rubicon Picasso likely needs no introduction. 25 watts x4 channels or 100 watts x2 channels of pure class A sweetness. Some regard the Rubicon Picasso as the best 4-channel mid/tweet amp ever; whether you agree or not, it's certainly in a small circle of very high quality amplifiers.

This Rubicon Picasso is in average cosmetic shape with some small scuffs and scratches but no glaring deficiencies. Unlike many that come up for sale, it includes the original chromed spoiler to cover the wire connections. Except for occasional use with a DC power supply in my house, it has been lovingly stored wrapped in a T-Shirt since I bought it better than a year ago. Internally it's pristine, and it's functioning wonderfully.

I'll pull it out of storage tonight and take some more comprehensive pix, but these should get you started:

The short long story is that overtime hours have been cut at my work, and while I'm fine on the bills, I have a truck project to finish. This is leading to some difficult choices, and the stuff I have stored in my closet needs to go first. Sadly, I need the truck done more than I need this beautiful old-school amp. Give it a good home. Please.

$425 Delivered ConUS. My eBay feedback is 1181/100%, and I've had close to a dozen decent transactions on DIYMA in the last six weeks. PM me!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry, I don't. Just the Picasso.

For those of you that have requested more pix, please hang tight, I have to go pick up a parts truck tonight and tow it home. I may have time after that to go to the attic and bring the amp down from its storage tub, can then shoot and post more pix.

Thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's more pix of the amp. Due to the limit on the number of pix, feel free to check out the entire gallery:

Class A Rubicon Picasso Gallery

To answer some of the questions up till now, I believe I am the second owner of this amp. It shows zero evidence of being repaired. Cosmetics are decent with small scuffs and scratches, slight dimpling of the bottom plate from the last owner screwing the amp down (would flatten out easily), and slight bending of the original spoiler retainer screws. I do not have the original box but I do have a printed copy (from PDF) of the original manual.

Amp tested out functionally at 100% when last stored and I will bench it again before shipment.

Feel free to ask any more questions, and if you're in the Denver area, you're welcome to set up a time to check out the amp in person.

Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very Very nice amp. Love to add another one to the collection but can't do the price right now. Give it time G Rahn will pick up another one.

Bump!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm basing the price on what I've seen the older Reference ones and a couple of Rubicon Picassos go for on eBay in the last 6 months or so. Most sell for $325-$350 before shipping depending on the condition, but I have not seen one with a spoiler offered.

The spoiler on mine may never have been used by the first owner, it's in nearly new condition.

I'm trying to avoid selling this amp on eBay and would like to see it purchased by somebody that will truly enjoy it. It's rare and desirable enough that my wiggle room from the asking price is basically what the auction and selling fees would be if I were to list it for auction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts