DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That amp design is definitely love it or hate it. The actual components are undeniably awesome though.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Haha, and I was about to say the exact opposite. Kinda looks like Han Solo trapped in carbonite.
I think that's were the inspiration most likely came from. The looks are definitely take it or leave it though as has been said before the internal design is no joke. :cool:

·
Registered
494 Posts
I thought I remember seeing a post that the newer soundstream reference shared the internal design. May not have all the features...but same foundation. Wish that could be confirmed...
Here is a the HRU.4

and the REF4.760

They do look fairly similar the power caps are laid out similarly, they both use discrete dual toroids, and the pre-amp section looks similar. They are not identical but you can tell that they are related in a Toronado and Eldorado kinda way. Though correct me if I'm wrong the Special edition HRU amp's listed are different internally as well as externally from the regular Human Reign series correct?

*This is all based on visuals so if a designer or engineer from SS want's to join in and tell me I'm wrong, I'm cool with that.*

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
The HR4 and the newer HRU.4 are the same amp without the cast top.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
The HRU.4 uses 16 output transistors and 12 power supply mosfets.
The REF4.760 uses 8 output transistors and 4 power supply mosfets(larger to247's)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
The HRU has twice the capacity power wise as the REF.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts