DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a perfectly functioning, never repaired, very good condition Soundstream Ref 700 SX for sale.

I give it an 8 out of 10 in terms of appearance. I will post pics later. The amp is very nice considering it's age, only a few nicks to the heatsink fins, other than that, it is in very clean condition.

None of the issues commonly associated with the SX version, this one has held it's ground through all these years without any issues, the board looks pristine.

My asking is $200.00 shipped. Look for pics later on.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I give it a 9 out of 10 considering it's age and closer examination. There are a few nicks to the heatsink as is clearly pictured, other than that, the amp is very clean.. Just a little dusty, didn't have time to clean it up..

For some reason, I am not able to edit the top portion of this add, so I added this section with additional pics.. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amp is dusty!! Looks beautiful in person. SS collectors, where are you?

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,007 Posts
This is kind of tempting me... If I can talk myself into finding a use for it, I'll let you know :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've got one of these...sexy little beast. Bump!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is kind of tempting me... If I can talk myself into finding a use for it, I'll let you know :D
How about me talking you into finding some use for it?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I'm here....but uh...that one is a bit too scratched up for my tastes......

You have the box?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately no box. It has no scratches just a few of the nicks on the heatsink. It really looks sweet up close and personal. Not mint, I've had nicer, but very good condition nonetheless.. I should have cleaned it and posted the pics, it's dirty and thats whats killing it in the pics. It's not by any means a beater, it was very well cared for, just very dusty in the pics...

Asking price is fair no?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Unfortunately no box. It has no scratches just a few of the nicks on the heatsink. It really looks sweet up close and personal. Not mint, I've had nicer, but very good condition nonetheless.. I should have cleaned it and posted the pics, it's dirty and thats whats killing it in the pics. It's not by any means a beater, it was very well cared for, just very dusty in the pics...

Asking price is fair no?
Cleaning up the amp woud be a good thing.

A little secret for cleaning up between heats fins.....Take a credt it card, napkins and some Windex and use the card to push the napkin through and get into those hard to reach places.

I do that to every amp I get.

Actually that's a very fair price....I would just need the box to pay that much...but thats just the collector in me.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,007 Posts
I haz a box :D

But, I have decided to keep mine because you just never know when a tweeter amp is going to fail you ;)

I was going to buy the OPs to do a matching mid/tweet system, but I ended up getting two Linear Power 1502IQs instead.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,007 Posts
Autodupe feature FTL :(

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haz a box :D

But, I have decided to keep mine because you just never know when a tweeter amp is going to fail you ;)

I was going to buy the OPs to do a matching mid/tweet system, but I ended up getting two Linear Power 1502IQs instead.
N-I-C-E-E!

I had dozens of Ref 405's 500's 700's 1000's, dozens of the SS12R's and dozens of the 5.25" and 6.5" comps that came out in 90's. The same with PPI Arts, dozens upon dozens of A404.2's A600.2's A1200.2's, all the processors etc etc.. All BNIB's.. My room looked like a SS and PPI dealership..No lie.. I used to think, "Would suck to have to pay for all this stuff. Poor suckers out there, I would hate to be one of those guys.."

Then the feds kicked in my door.. That was the darkest day of my life :(

I have since made my peace with God and lived an honest life..

Now I scour the darkest corners of human existence in search of clean amps that I can actually afford.. LOL!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lunchtime bump..

C'mon guys, do I really need to clean this amp up and show you how she really shines?? If I do, the price goes up!!

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,007 Posts
Don't you LOVE that new feature?

Tweeter amp.:rolleyes:
Yeah, this one may be a bit much for tweeters. I bench tested it with 50 Hz test tone on a 4 ohm load and it produced 178 watts per channel just prior to clipping on the oscilloscope:eek:

Oh, and to keep it on topic, free bump the OP:D

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the bump Mustang..

I am thinking of buying and learning an oscilloscope myself.. With regard to preamp and power amp clipping, I want to fine tune systems perfectly as opposed to doing it by ear.. Also very helpful when using XO and other processors in the signal path no?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
L8 nite bump.. So far, have 4 happy members that purchased equipment from me, will vouch ImJustJason, WRX/Z28, Vermithrax, and a new member that purchased the A404.2, (forget his Diyma name).. Now let's get this skunk off the boat (as one member put it) for the remainder of my quality gear!! NEXT!?!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bump.. This amp is temporarily in my trunk powering a pair of 12W7's bridged parallel. I can't believe what this amp is capable of.. Clean, weighted thunder without a hint of trouble..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
May be sold, have someone very interested.. The offer is slightly less than what I have it listed for, if he falls through, I am open to reasonable offers.. Trader points are coming in. Members are digging my products and service!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts