Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale: a pair of Soundstream Rubicon 204 & 502 amplifiers

I bought both of these amplifiers towards the end of their production run, just before Soundstream sort of went downhill and moved their manufacturing overseas. I believe the original Rubicons were the last series of amps that Soundstream made in the USA (please correct me if I am wrong).

They are exceptionally well made (I have never had any trouble with either of them what so ever), and they certainly have always sounded great. While their onboard xovers could be a little more precise (as far as the actual xover point selected goes) they are still very functional, and either a very good ear (lol), and/or a sound level meter can help you easily set them correctly. I have used the xovers on both amps with no problem.

Physically they are both in very good shape, as the current condition pics will attest to, however, due to how I needed to mount these in my car (without drilling any holes in the car) I did modify the rear mounting rails with either additional mounting holes, or modified the existing ones to match existing holes in the car body. These were mounted in a mint condition car that I didn't have the heart to bend, fold, spindle, or mutilate in any manner, lol. The front mounting holes are in perfect original condition, and were never actually used. Other than that there are a few small nicks here and there, but they are relatively minor. The compression screws are in excellent condition and function exactly as they should.

Performance-wise, as I stated earlier, I have never had any issues with these at all, and they have always performed flawlessly with an Alpine 3DA-7987, which served as their sound source. I will have it listed a bit later (if anyone might be interested).

These are only being sold, as I am finally selling the car that they were mounted in, after many fond years of use, and I have some slightly older classic Soundstream amps that will go into a sister car shortly. Additionally, I am trying hard to leave my hoarding days behind me, lol.

Not sure exactly where to price these, considering the mounting hole issue, so please be kind if replying regarding that issue, lol.

Soundstream Rubicon 204:
$115.00, shipped/OBO (ConUS)

pdf manual: http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/rubican/rub24604/Rub204404604.pdf

Soundstream Rubicon 502:
$125.00, shipped/OBO (ConUS)

pdf manual: http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/rubican/rub57102/Rub5027021002.pdf

Please PM me if interested, or better yet, email me at [email protected]

Soundstream Rubicon 204 specs:
25 watts x 4 (4ohm stereo), 50 watts x 2 (8 ohms bridged), 50 watts x 4 (2 ohm stereo), 100 watts x 2 (4 ohm bridged), all power output ratings are at 12.5 volts and are conservatively rated;
THD: >.1%
Signal to Noise: >100db
Frequency Response: 20hz-20khz+/- .5db
Stereo separation: >90db
Dampimg: >200
Input Sensitivity: .300 mv-5.0v
Input Impedance: 10k ohm
LP xover: 30hz-120hz (12db octave)
Hi-pass xover: 65hz-220hz (12db octave)
Dimensions: 11" x 9.8", 2.25"

Soundstream Rubicon 502 specs (balanced input capable):
100 watts x 2 (4ohm stereo) 12.5v, 200 watts x 1 (8 ohms bridged) 12.5v, 250 watts x 2 (2/1 ohm stereo)14.4v, 500 watts x 1 (4/2 ohm bridged) 14.4v, all power output ratings are conservatively rated;
THD: >.1%
Signal to Noise: >100db
Frequency Response: 20hz-20khz+/- .5db
Stereo separation: >90db
Dampimg: >200
Input Sensitivity: .300 mv-5.0v
Input Impedance: 10k ohm
LP xover: 55hz-220hz (24db octave)
Hi-pass xover: 70hz-160hz (12db octave)
Dimensions: 11" x 9.8", 2.25"

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've owned both of those amps before and I can attest to their quality. Good, good old school Zed stuff.

These look really clean and your prices are more than fair. If my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd buy them. Alas... :)

GLWS

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. If it wasn't for the fact that I am going to be using Recaro seat rails, for some aftermarket seats, and will need slightly more compact amps because of that, I would be transferring these to the other car (if it ain't broke, don't fix it, sort of thing).:p

·
Registered
128 Posts
oh man, this is so tempting, especially since you are so close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.