DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience using the Soundstream Stealth amps? They're tiny footprint, smaller than the popular Alpine PDX, and they're a traditional class AB design. Just curious, since Soundstream has come out with some new stuff that hopefully is better than their cheapo stuff.

http://www.soundstream.com/AudioProducts/Amplifiers/stealth.htm

2.125" x 6.5" x 9.625", and stackable. That's pretty small. (esp. compared to 2.44" x 7.6" x 10.13" for the Alpine).

SG

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Def interesting. Sony, mb quart and arc have none class d small amps.
The thing with small amps that are class AB is that they won't be able to make PDX power.

However these seem pretty interesting and look good to. Especially the 6 channel, seems to make good power. Don't know about the over 4inch height though, thats pretty unusual.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have not been a fan of sounstream amps at all since the old school. My 300-2 and 1000-2 have been online for 6 years, but never made remotely the rated power, that's for sure

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Def something up, maybe similar to the arc's class G that is apparently a "sofistacated" AB.

They have xovers that go to 4khz and bandpass. The 6 channel just seems to be 2 amps stacked one on top of the other.

The STL1.1200D is obviously class D and packs a punch in such a small chassis.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
There's something odd about the specs. Damping factor is pretty low for a class AB amp. Also, the S/N ratio on the mono amps are really low compared to the others.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Subscribed. I'm looking for an affordable, quality sounding 5-6 channel amp. I love Old School...but the problem is that all Old School amps are old! lol

I just want something to sound good AND work reliably.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.