DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed out the factory speakers in my 2019 Ram Bighorn with 8.4" display and standard 6 speaker configuration. I installed Infinity Reference REF-9633IX 6x9 3-Way Coaxial Speakers (300 WATTS 100 RMS) in both front and rear doors and used the Metra 72-6514 Speaker Harness for the connections. The speakers sound great but now I have droning noise that is intermittent while driving. The speakers with the harnesses should be a simple plug and play. Speakers are called out on Crutchfield website as a fit for my truck and the Metra 72-6514 harnesses are the recommended harnesses for install. I have to install the tweeters as the factory ones are still in the truck. I am wondering if when I install matching tweeters will that make a difference. I understand the tweeters and the front door speakers are on the same wiring. Any ideas on what is going on or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,335 Posts
No it doesn’t! It sounds like it is passing by you!
Do any exhaust work recently? Check if your truck has a active noise canceling system or fake engine noise, I had a similar thing happen when i added coaxials to the rear doors while running off the stock bose amp.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do any exhaust work recently? Check if your truck has a active noise canceling system or fake engine noise, I had a similar thing happen when i added coaxials to the rear doors while running off the stock bose amp.
The vehicle is stock. All I did was replace the speakers in both front and rear doors and the tweeters. All speakers are Infinity and Base system with 6 speakers and no amp. Truck does have the Active Noise–Control System.

· Super Moderator
2,607 Posts
The vehicle is stock. All I did was replace the speakers in both front and rear doors and the tweeters. All speakers are Infinity and Base system with 6 speakers and no amp. Truck does have the Active Noise–Control System.
Try disabling it...

Reactions: clange2485

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,335 Posts
@SNCTMPL was nice enough to send me a bypass harness for the ANC for free!! and that fixed the issue for me, it was extremely annoying though. Hopefully someone makes a similar bypass for your truck.

I believe that one came from LLJ but I could be wrong.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your responses. I have finally found a fix and I have it linked it below. Merry Christmas to all.
ANC disable (Disable Active Noise Canceling) 2019+ Ram 1500 Rebel (Chrysler Jeep Dodge info) Found on YOUTUBE. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.