DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2011 4runner I'm laying out a system for. I need to keep it all original looking so here's the question...I'm thinking of using CDT 3way components, midwoofer in the door and 3" & tweeter in the dash.
How or what can I do to correct any imaging issues?
There is no tweeter location on the door as in previous 4runners.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Do you plan to have your 3" aimint the windshield? just curious because i plan to do something similiar in the future.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That WAS the plan. I've changed my mind, for the time being I'm going with a 2 way set up with the tweeters just above the mid woofers. Started building the tweeter pods yesterday.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
That WAS the plan. I've changed my mind, for the time being I'm going with a 2 way set up with the tweeters just above the mid woofers. Started building the tweeter pods yesterday.

May i ask why you decided to go that route instead?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally I wanted to put the 3 ways in with both the tweeter & Mids in the dash and the midwoofer in the lower door. Then the issue of tweeters & reflection off the windshield came up and the possible stage issue with the tweeters being too far from the midwoofer.
I already have a nice set of Polk 6.5" components so, I'm going to try them in the doors with the tweeter just above the mid woofer. I've made some pods to fit in a small pocket in the door handle area. Just have to get some vinyl to cover them. Still haven't figured out how I want to connect to the factory HU.
Audio Control LCQ-1 or Cleansweep etc.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The whole reflection of sound from windshield is what has gotten through my head in the past. I'm not sure how i'd go about this, my blazer came equipped with bose all around and i still have the bose 2x2 speakers on the dash, but disconnected,(I even forgot how they sound since i've had them disconnected for a long time) i have actually thought of connecting them back just to see how it sounds, they are amped by the factory amp that is in the glove box. i wonder how that would sound once my 6.5 Clarus are in. hmm... only thing is i don't know how my head unit would control them if even possible(p3100ub(cheap head unit compared to others that i have seen))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts