DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I didn't post this in fabrication cos I suck at fabrication, although it might be better there

I want to get my front tweets and mids out of the OEM positions and up on the dash. People sell mounting pods/modules specifically made for Hertz speakers. They are very cool, not overly expensive and I assume would make installation much easier. Two examples:
PODS FOR HERTZ 3" SPEAKERS AND TWEETERS ML-700.3 M-P70.3 MLK-700.3 CAR AUDIO NEW | eBay

Hertz Mille Legend , Alu Gehäuse Set für Hertz ML700.3 und ML280.3 | eBay

I was about to order some for my Hertz ML 280.3 tweets and ML 700.3 midranges. Then I find out I'm getting a boot full of Brax Matrix speakers and Helix C four and C one amps.

So I'll be upgrading.

Does anyone know of pre-made pods for Brax MATRIX ML1 and MATRIX ML3?

I’ve just done a quick ebay search and couldn’t find any for Brax. I’ll keep looking but let me know if you have or do come across something. Plus I’ll check the dimensions and see if the brax will fit the Hertz ones in the links.

Cheers
Sam

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Hi all

I didn't post this in fabrication cos I suck at fabrication, although it might be better there

I want to get my front tweets and mids out of the OEM positions and up on the dash. People sell mounting pods/modules specifically made for Hertz speakers. They are very cool, not overly expensive and I assume would make installation much easier. Two examples:
PODS FOR HERTZ 3" SPEAKERS AND TWEETERS ML-700.3 M-P70.3 MLK-700.3 CAR AUDIO NEW | eBay

I was about to order some for my Hertz ML 280.3 tweets and ML 700.3 midranges. Then I find out I'm getting a boot full of Brax Matrix speakers and Helix C four and C one amps.

So I'll be upgrading.

I’ve just done a quick ebay search and couldn’t find any for Brax. I’ll keep looking but let me know if you have or do come across something. Plus I’ll check the dimensions and see if the brax will fit the Hertz ones in the links.

Cheers
Sam
Check with my German buddy, the guy who makes the aluminum pods you linked to... If he doesn't have some already for them, he can definitely make them...

Reactions: Sam Spade

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi all

So I'll be upgrading.

Cheers
Sam
Valicar will custom make them for you. I have morel ccwr254 in an aluminum pod and it actually performs better IMO in the small sealed pod than IB, I can cross it lower and I prefer the sound. It is a very small midrange though.. Anyways I’m happy with my aluminum pods from Germany. He can make ones that screw in the A pillar or ones with little stands that sit on your dash with a 3m adhesive disc. Here’s mine I just have a piece of Velcro that sticks to my carpeted dash mat :)

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Sam Sam Sam... PLEASE. DO NOT drop that type of money on high end drivers and put them in cheesy aluminum pods. If you don't have competent fabricators / installers in Australia then ship your stuff to the USA and have a well known custom fabricator make you something that will show their true potential. A few folks that frequent this forum come to mind.

There are also pretty talented folks in the EU if that is more convenient for you. One of them responded to your post already...

Ge0

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
Sam Sam Sam... PLEASE. DO NOT drop that type of money on high end drivers and put them in cheesy aluminum pods. If you don't have competent fabricators / installers in Australia then ship your stuff to the USA and have a well known custom fabricator make you something that will show their true potential. A few folks that frequent this forum come to mind.

There are also pretty talented folks in the EU if that is more convenient for you. One of them responded to your post already...

Ge0
Maybe after working out the best angles like @dumdum says?
Just got on the wreckers and get a set to ship over, and that will take a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I just happened to be on here and saw your question about pods. I bought 2 pair from Valicar in Germany for Dynaudio MD 102's and Audio Frog GB25's. The pods are a little larger than I expected but the quality is as good as it gets. Also, I can't think of the guy's name right off but he's on Facebook and builds pods out of some kind of PVC material or something. I've seen pics only but they look very nice and are somewhat less expensive than the Germany pods. If I had known about him before getting the aluminum pods from Germany I would have tried them out for sure.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just happened to be on here and saw your question about pods. I bought 2 pair from Valicar in Germany for Dynaudio MD 102's and Audio Frog GB25's. The pods are a little larger than I expected but the quality is as good as it gets. Also, I can't think of the guy's name right off but he's on Facebook and builds pods out of some kind of PVC material or something. I've seen pics only but they look very nice and are somewhat less expensive than the Germany pods. If I had known about him before getting the aluminum pods from Germany I would have tried them out for sure.
If you can find the FB guy that would be great :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
FYI--there are MANY ways to easily make pods yourself using readily available materials, anything from PVC plumbing to small bamboo bowls cheaply available on Amazon that both work and look good.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Valicarpods look just like the ones from alibaba aliexpress..... has anyone verified that valicar actually makes anything? or just boxes them pretty? Some complaints concerning the valicar pods already.

Funny how lame looking that $200 box is from ebay.

For example only:
US $26.56 17% OFF|High Quality Car Tweeter Aluminum Alloy Base Treble Seat Tweeters Non destructive Installation Metal Speaker Bracket Boxes|Tweeters| - AliExpress
US $40.68 29% OFF|4 inch Car Audio Modified Three way Tweeter Speaker Bracket A pillar Triangle Treble Midrange Speaker Boxes Support Shell Stand|Coaxial speakers| - AliExpress
US $26.78 29% OFF|2PCS Audio Car Tweeter Aluminium Base Speaker Boxes High quality Black som automotivo Car Speakers|car speaker|car tweeterspeaker box - AliExpress
US $66.23 17% OFF|1 Pair Car Refit 3 way 3.5 Inch Midrange Treble Combination Speaker Box Pieces Speaker Stand Tweeter Cup for Car 3.5
US $26.75 29% OFF|Car Tweeter Aluminium Base Speaker Boxes ( One Pair ) Titanium High Quality 40.3 50mm|Tweeters| - AliExpress
US $23.81 17% OFF|I KEY BUY 1 Pair Car Audio A Pillar Modified Mold Three way Mold Bracket Treble Tweeter Mid range Speaker Base Modification| | - AliExpress
US $103.75 17% OFF|Car Aluminum Alloy 3.5 Inch Midrange Speaker Box Pieces Speaker Stand Tweeter Cup for Car Speakers 3.5
US $50.78 9% OFF|6.5

If you can afford brax, you can afford a 'fabricator' to tailor to your vehicle.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Valicar is most definitely the manufacturer. He has been making them for years. They will custom make them to your exact specifications. I have seen ones on Ali Express and other websites where they are literally reselling his stuff, and some where its just chinese made ones. Many of the complaints with the valicar ones are they are too big. TBH there are only a couple midranges that are small enough to not look ridiculous or stand out on your dash mounted in a pod. The morel CCwr254, infinity 20mx dome midrange, and maybe the fountek fr59exe, and maybe a couple more 2" ones. But Even his pod for the audiofrog GB25 is much larger than the actual speaker because that excess room is needed to mount a grill on the pod.

I went back and forth with the guy for over a week before I was finally able to place my order. I ended up not being able to get a grill on my pods because he wanted to make the pods 90mm in diameter when the speaker outside diameter is only 73mm. I was finally able to order a 73mm pod but as you can see from the picture I posted, there are no grills on them. Also, He speaks terrible english and takes a very long time to respond to emails.

Honestly where I'm at is I spent alot of money on my stereo system already. Someday I would love to have someone custom fab my a pillars to fit a set of GB25's but there are multiple reasons I have not. First being there is no local shop where I live that I can trust to do it so I would have to mail them off somewhere. Second, I already spent so much money on the rest of my stereo components that I really cannot afford to pay someone thousands of dollars to make custom a pillars. And I don't have the time or skills to do it myself at this point in time... So while yes, a permanent solution if you have the money is to get custom a pillars some of us simply cannot afford it.

If you are in the same boat as me and cannot afford to get custom a pillars, I would stray away from those brax ml3 due to the size of them. The ML2 would probably look OK in a pod especially since it has a built in grill and the pod wont have to be made larger to accommodate a custom grill. But the ML3 is already 92mm in external diameter so by the time you got a pod from valicar with a custom grill the pod would be over 4" in diameter and look ridiculous. Just something to think about, if you have anymore questions about the pods you can PM me and I can provide his email.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
If you are willing to pay xxx amount for equipment, there should be no problem to find a decent fabricator to fab pillars for you. No need to complicate with some half ass pods, that will never fit to a car like custom fabricated panel

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe after working out the best angles like @dumdum says?
Just got on the wreckers and get a set to ship over, and that will take a few weeks.
Hey Holmz, I don't understand can you give me a little more detail about what I should get from the wreckers? Thanks, Sam

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree with @SiW80

Any extra detail that will help me find the manufacturer of the PVC ones would be great :)

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
Hey Holmz, I don't understand can you give me a little more detail about what I should get from the wreckers? Thanks, Sam
The panel that the speakers will go into.
Then the installer can work on those while you are driving the car around.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts