DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I would appreciate any feedback, opinions or suggestions regarding my system. I have just purchased an alpine head unit and I plan to install one or two amps to power the entire system. I want to disregard the dash spkrs.........my doors have 6x9 s and i have 5.25 s behind the seats. I have seen a custom box that holds 2 10s for behind the seats or i may go with the JL stealth box which holds 1 13.5. The amps I am considering are US amps 5 channel which is 4x90 and 600x1, alphasonik 5 channel, polk 1100.5 5 channel or the JL audio 500/5 or possibly a 2 amp setup with a 300/4 and 500/1. My main dillemma is whether to go with a 3 way 6x9 speaker in the door and add tweeters for imaging or just go with some 6.5 components and try and find an adapter for the door.....i want to put some 5.25 behing the seat for rear fill.....i have looked at polk and infinity 6x9s and 5.25s and re xxx 6.5 components or possibly pioneer 720prs. How would you set up this truck?? I dont have an unlimited budget but I want to do it right for loud SQ....I listen to rock of all kinds light to alt to heavy.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
...or just go with some 6.5 components and try and find an adapter for the door....
Man, alphasonic just won't go away...

Nice post, welcome.

Dude, I have an adapter for you... it's called a 2x2x3/4" MDF Handi-Panel at Home Depot. Take off the parts you don't need with a jigsaw and a drill, or a router if you're into the sexy look. Allows 6.5 to go into 6x9 holes every time.

If you have to go with R fill use mids and not coaxes or components. Saves money.

If you spend some more time searching, you will find a lot of info here about speakers that sound as good or better than OTS car audio speakers at a lower price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply VP.....I have been reading and have just about decided to go with just the comps...no rears for full range..my only concern is that i might no get the volume I am looking for but it seems to work for alot of you guys on here. If I run them active is the crossover on say a JL audio 4 channel good enough or do I need an external crossover? Also will the tweeters take the same power or will I have to roll back the gains on those channels? and if that is the case am I better off getting a small sq amp for tweets and putting a larger more powerful amp to the mids? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.