DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a MTX Thunder 564 for christmas a 70x4 amp which is 2-3-4 bridgeable. Not the best I know, but free and not a bad choice I think for the budget. I am now looking for a set of components and possibly a sub. I don't really care about SPL and try to be an audiophile on an pretty small budget due to the fact im a high school kid with little to no income. I have about ~300 dollars to put towards the speakers for the truck. Its a regular cab c10 from '78. I can get crystal sscs 6's shipped to my door for 165 from a member of another forum. Has anybody had any experiance with these? I was also thinking of going the route of getting a set of dayton speakers from PE and making a crossover for them, or the same with a set of seas drivers. Any suggestions as to good combinations? The sub would then be half to be less then 150 shipped and in that range I was looking at the Dayton Reference high output 12 inch driver. What are the thoughts on that driver? Sorry for the long post and any help is appreciated.

Ed

·
Registered
74 Posts
chevyguy said:
I was given a MTX Thunder 564 for christmas a 70x4 amp which is 2-3-4 bridgeable. Not the best I know, but free and not a bad choice I think for the budget. I am now looking for a set of components and possibly a sub. I don't really care about SPL and try to be an audiophile on an pretty small budget due to the fact im a high school kid with little to no income. I have about ~300 dollars to put towards the speakers for the truck. Its a regular cab c10 from '78. I can get crystal sscs 6's shipped to my door for 165 from a member of another forum. Has anybody had any experiance with these? I was also thinking of going the route of getting a set of dayton speakers from PE and making a crossover for them, or the same with a set of seas drivers. Any suggestions as to good combinations? The sub would then be half to be less then 150 shipped and in that range I was looking at the Dayton Reference high output 12 inch driver. What are the thoughts on that driver? Sorry for the long post and any help is appreciated.

Ed
Are those the speakers ( crystal sscs 6's) Az Grower was talking about, but in a 5.5???

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ya I think that doing the Dayton ref 7"s and tweet would be very very sweet. I'm not too sure how well you can level match the tweet to the mid, but I'm sure there are a lot of crossover designs you can look at for the combo that were made for home use.

I have no exp with said drivers, but that should change soon enough (esp if cheapboy doesnt hurry and get these DIYMA drivers out soon :) :) )

but I do have exp with a lot of DIY drivers and I have been very very happy with the results, cheapboy knows what hes talking about

1 - 3 of 3 Posts