DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have pxa-h701 which i send an optical signal too and using in a three way front stage setup (tw, mr, mb) from the front 1, front 2, and rear. Now my question is when i watch a movie the only options i have are to turn off the rear sound (since it would be coming from my doors) because it would sound strange in a 4.1 setup and just use the front speakers. Would it be possible to setup a relay or "speaker switcher" of sort that would allow me to switch which speakers would be playing. So in essence when i want watch a movie i would have to ability to switch from the midbass in the doors to different fullrange speakers in the rear (and of course turn off the midbass in the front). I figure setting up some relays and fuses would work. Would there be any sound quality issues with the speaker signal going through a relay? Does anyone have any schematics, suggestions? I know they Have them prebuilt for home usage, any 12v ones a person could buy?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found a standalone unit called adcom gfs-3 which looks promising. Anybody ever use this for home use, seems to be a good unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts