DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that there are a handfull of drivers out there that have gathered quite a reputation based on what I think is heresay... I'll admit simply because there is a lack of reviews from reputable sources... (cough***XXX***cough) ;)

So I was wondering what everyone thought about shipping in together for NPDANG to order & test drivers... The fund could go strainght to NPDANG so that he could order & test more drivers. That is ofcoarse if he is up to it & his personal time allows it...

For example... I am really curious to see how the RE XXX XBL^2 measures\stacks up to the oferings in the likes of XLS, XXLS, TC2, Dayton Reference, etc...

I am sure you all (as I) have drivers you'd like to see tested...

I think the idea has merit to expose if nothing else the value of the higher priced options out there. We could all benefit from this at a fraction of the asking price...

Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'd rather see a showdown of mids/tweets. (Npdang is rather generous with the info we already have here)

Really, you'd see a much better improvement in sound from your sub by just sound-deadnening or going IB from sealed box in the trunk. Even a low distortion sub will be masked by other factors in the car.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
sqkev said:
I'd rather see a showdown of mids/tweets. (Npdang is rather generous with the info we already have here)

Really, you'd see a much better improvement in sound from your sub by just sound-deadnening or going IB from sealed box in the trunk. Even a low distortion sub will be masked by other factors in the car.
yea... and to add, once test is all done, we could put the drivers on ebay or for sale and respread whatever it sold for b/w contributing members. we might be onto something here.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This isn't limited to just subs... mids & tweets are to be tested as well... I was just putting an example out there...

However, for this to work... I am willilng to put in for all types of drivers & not just what we may be interested in at any given time...

So I would expect all those that can to contribute to "everything" that will be tested. I think that would be fair...

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
racerraul said:
So I would expect all those that can to contribute to "everything" that will be tested. I think that would be fair...
yeah that way personal bias does not interfere

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
sounds awsome to me..... id love to have some input there are some drivers id love to be tested...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MIAaron said:
If they get sold, it would be cool if the proceeds went to new drivers. :D That will keep costs down, as even between 30 contributors, this is going to be a bit of money with some of the drivers being mentioned.
Indeed... good idea...

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
yea... i would much rather see tests go towards mids and tweets tho. not worth it imo to spend it on subs, which in all honesty is least amount of sound spectrum and usually cost more.

·
Registered
575 Posts
im down for the pot luck,possibly use the voting system for the drivers to be tested and alternate from mids tweeters and subs?selling the tested driver to members involved -possible discount would be another beni!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I'll even expand on that. We can all pitch in so 'dang can buy a beater of a car to test drivers in a real world listening environment. I wonder how his neighbors would feel about him parking a 1972 Vega, on blocks, in front of his unit?

If not, then I'd definitely be willing to pitch in some money for speaker testing. It's a good idea, but logistically difficult. I get the feeling somebody's going to get their feelings hurt when driver "X" gets tested before his driver "Y" does. Best handled democratically. I like the voting idea.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i hear you mini, no cry babies ,with all this time invested we might have to pay npdangs morgage along with his pimped out vega on blocks!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.