DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for good 14AWG OFC cables to connect my 2 way component speakers.

There are many brands and product lines advertised, so I would really like to receive some recommendation on brands, models, and where to buy.

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm trying this 4 conductor wire in my car. Haven't installed it yet but I think 16 gauge will be enough. I'm doing two runs per door so I can run a 3 way front stage down the road.

·
Banned
338 Posts
I am looking for good 14AWG OFC cables to connect my 2 way component speakers.

There are many brands and product lines advertised, so I would really like to receive some recommendation on brands, models, and where to buy.

Make sure to get stuff with a soft flexible jacket. I’ve used many and the best quality ofc while still being good price is the knu concepts 16awg kord it’s blue soft flexible jacket. I’ve used 14awg before and I’m telling you right now it’s complete overkill for anything but a subwoofer 16awg is perfect size it’s A bit more peace of mind than going with 18 but it’s still easy to run around your car without taking up a bunch of space and being very flexible unlike larger wires.

There’s another brand called install gear 16 AWG on Amazon which will work for tweeters but it’s not a true 16 gauge wire like it should be it’s still great quality though for the price if you’re looking for 18 AWG wire for tweeters

·
Banned
338 Posts
Speakers midwoofers midrange etc

KnuKonceptz Kord Kable 16 Gauge Copper Speaker Wire 50' true awg gauge wire Best price I found for something that still has a soft flexible jacket . Better than sky high looks very similar Sky high is not nearly as flexible and soft KnuKonceptz Kord Kable 16 Gauge Copper Speaker Wire 50':Amazon:Electronics

Tweeters
(It’s the size of 18awg but listed as 16)
The reason I’m still recommending it even though they are lying to consumers about the gauge is because it has a very soft flexible jacket and for the price it cannot be beat

InstallGear 16 Gauge Speaker Wire... InstallGear 16 Gauge Speaker Wire OFC Oxygen-Free Copper, 100-feet:Amazon:Car Electronics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts