DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I used 16/4 sheathed Monoprice wire to replace the spliced together mess caused by me being cheap and using what I had laying around. I split one piece into pairs to go into the doors. Insulation on the wire itself seems to be really tough. Was going to get 18/4 and double up for the doors but decided get 16g. All my dash needs is 18g but 16g makes me feel better over time.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I used 16/4 sheathed Monoprice wire to replace the spliced together mess caused by me being cheap and using what I had laying around. I split one piece into pairs to go into the doors. Insulation on the wire itself seems to be really tough. Was going to get 18/4 and double up for the doors but decided get 16g. All my dash needs is 18g but 16g makes me feel better over time.

Yeah that's the stuff! Not only is it tough and sturdy, but also still very flexible and easy to snake in even the worst upside down U-turn type door accordion boot.

16/4 is a great all-rounder. It might even be cheaper per foot than trailer wire!

·
Registered
217 Posts
That appears to be an Audiophile Snake.

Seriously though, I doubt that any actual advantage of this type of cable would outweigh its premium cost, application limitations, and/or potential for misadventure.

https://mniec.wordpress.com/2012/10/11/snake-oil-of-the-year-award-audiophile-cables/

Well, I purchased it at the Goodwill outlet store which sells items by the pound. So it was probably less than $2.

I like that it can lay flat under the carpet.

I guess I would worry if it could short into itself from movement.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts