DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Silverado and I bought a radio (jvc-kw950bw) and have the idatalink maestro hooked to it I’m powering my door speakers from a Skar 75.4ab amp with pioneer door speakers I’m using rcas from the radio to the amp but I’ll crank my truck and the music will play for a little bit but then all 4 speakers will cut out and if they do turn back on it’s very distorted even on volume one my amp gain it at 1/2 but before it cuts out not distortion is playing. my amp isn’t going into protection mode iv took and adapter and had once set of rca playing from an iPhone and the other set playing from the radio but the radio music cut out and the iPhone kept playing so I know I didn’t loose any power from the amp and help iv been fighting this for 2 days straight I’m out of ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Check your ground cable. Make sure it's properly bonded to the vehicle's chassis.
What guage power and ground wire are you using?

EDIT: Just re-read the end part about how the iPhone played, while the JVC headunit dropped out.
Kinda narrows it down to the headunit signal.
Is there any cut, crimp, or nick in the RCA cable, between the headunit and amp?
Is the headunit properly grounded?

I'll be honest; it's near impossible to diagnose over the internet.
Just throwing-out ideas for things to check...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your ground cable. Make sure it's properly bonded to the vehicle's chassis.

What guage power and ground wire are you using?

EDIT: Just re-read the end part about how the iPhone played, while the JVC headunit dropped out.

Kinda narrows it down to the headunit signal.

Is there any cut, crimp, or nick in the RCA cable, between the headunit and amp?

Is the headunit properly grounded?

I'll be honest; it's near impossible to diagnose over the internet.

Just throwing-out ideas for things to check...

I’ll look for nicks and crips and the ground I’m using is the factory to aftermarket ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Aside from putting in RCA to headphone jack and driving around with headphones, it would be hard to know if the source is being squelched before the amp.
I suppose it would be easier to wire the iPhone to the amp directly...
And then apart from running it and beating on thing with a rubber mallet, it is probably going to be usual eyeballing for the problem.

Almost all the time the probable s are at the interfaces... which are connections for wires and cables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts