DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have a two seater mercedes slk200, its the 2004 model, 2l compressor. The speakers sound terrible in the car and I'm looking to change them. I would like something clear and loud and that sounds good in the car. I don't know a lot about speaker systems so that's why I'm here. There is an Audi A4 tdi 1.9l 2004 that I could take the speakers from and in the Audi they sound great? I would like to hear peoples advise? I don't have space for a subwoofer as the boot is tiny and the top goes into it when the hood goes down. I know you can get underseat ones though. Would the Audi's speakers sound good in the merc? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Camry 2.4 - base audio
452 Posts
Hi there,
I have a two seater mercedes slk200, its the 2004 model, 2l compressor. The speakers sound terrible in the car and I'm looking to change them. I would like something clear and loud and that sounds good in the car. I don't know a lot about speaker systems so that's why I'm here. There is an Audi A4 tdi 1.9l 2004 that I could take the speakers from and in the Audi they sound great? I would like to hear peoples advise? I don't have space for a subwoofer as the boot is tiny and the top goes into it when the hood goes down. I know you can get underseat ones though. Would the Audi's speakers sound good in the merc? Thanks in advance.
The speaker probably won't work out in your vehicle. they are matched to the head unit.

I would recommend getting an infinity or jbl component set that fits in the factory locations. My go to speakers I recommend speakers to some one are infinity kappas because they sound great at a tolerable price.

I had a JBL basspro sl underseat subwoofer and I liked it. It did job of giving the bass a little punch.

It was about 10 x 14 x 2.5 and an amazing amount of bass came out of something the size of an amplifier. It's also the smallest underseat I know of. Under the seat, behind the seat, hell ive seen one bolted to the back of a seat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts