DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but I could not find an answer to my question. I have an AudioControl D-4.800 amp/DSP that I am going to install in the trunk. Can I use 9 conductor speedwire to grab the signals for my door woofer & tweeter, and then use the remaining wires to power the door woofer and tweeter, in the same bundle of speedwire? Is this the same as running signal wires and power wires together???

speedwire.PNG

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
That's a really efficient way to do it and will be perfectly fine. And no it's not the same. Both wires will be passing ac and will not pick up noise from one another. I would keep your speedwire away from your power wire though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... really appreciate the advice and saved me $$$ for other equipment. :)

·
Premium Member
6,354 Posts
That's a really efficient way to do it and will be perfectly fine. And no it's not the same. Both wires will be passing ac and will not pick up noise from one another. I would keep your speedwire away from your power wire though.
Are you saying AC is ok and DC is a problem?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
AC rejects noise more easily. DC is more efficient but more complex.

·
Premium Member
6,354 Posts
AC rejects noise more easily. DC is more efficient but more complex.
What does that second sentence even mean?

Transformers do not work at DC...
Any noise in a two wires close to each other is basically a transformer.

Maxwell's 3rd law has a time rate of change. I am pretty that in DC circuits, that whole right side becomes zero.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts