DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i get spotify from a Moto Z to a spdif out. All the research ive done seems to say use tidal and usb player pro with a otg and a usb-spdif.

Mostly i just cant seem to find a way to get spotify to a spdif out

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spotify should behave the same as any other music player. If you use OTG to USB-SPDIF it should work.
Hm, then maybe I've been thinking about this wrong. Why is Usb player recommend then? I feel like it bypasses the internal phone Dacs?

·
Registered
486 Posts
There's no DA conversion going on if you're using a USB device. USB can only transfer digital data so it must stay digital. If you use the headphone jack then yes, there's a DA conversion.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's no DA conversion going on if you're using a USB device. USB can only transfer digital data so it must stay digital. If you use the headphone jack then yes, there's a DA conversion.
Hmm. I guess ill try it.

Any recommendations for a usb spdif hub?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
389 Posts
FYI, that device uses 48/16 sampling chip, PCM2704. As long as you are fine with that, you should be good. Plug that in, enable the USB output and you should be good. For Spotify, that sampling rate is more than enough since Spotify uses Ogg Vorbis to stream to your device which is a lossy format. If you are thinking future expansion, this device will be a bottleneck for higher quality content. That being said, we are talking of $22 so you are not risking much . Give it a try and let us know.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Banned
6 Posts
How do i get spotify from a Moto Z to a spdif out. All the research ive done seems to say use tidal and usb player pro with a otg and a usb-spdif.

You can use an AudFree Tidal Music Downloader to transfer common Tidal music to your device. View more detail at the AudFree Website.

·
Registered
9 Posts

If you want to use Spotify music on other devices, you need to make them as local files first. If so, then you can use the DRmare Spotify Converter to help you. With this program, you can easily make Spotify music common and save them to your computer. Then you can freely transfer them to your devices for using.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts