DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if i could run either the 177r or the 137r component set in kick panels and then add an 8" diy for midbass in my doors with the stock crossover and a p860mp head unit?

·
Registered
415 Posts
run the 8" off the stock crossover of the Type-X components?

-OR-

run the Type-X components off the stock components, then run the 8" off a separate channel, active..?

???

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
masse1369 said:
does anyone know if i could run either the 177r or the 137r component set in kick panels and then add an 8" diy for midbass in my doors with the stock crossover and a p860mp head unit?
if you can fit the eights getm. got power?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im saying run the components just as is and then add an 8" midbass and run it off the headunit x-over.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
had those and while I like the tweet very much (not as much top end for me personally-ie the lpg's are more detailed and sparkle more to my ears--others may differ)

but id bet youd get better midrange out of the dayton 7" over that vifa pulp driver in the 177r set

the crossover is awesome though

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
newtitan said:
had those and while I like the tweet very much (not as much top end for me personally-ie the lpg's are more detailed and sparkle more to my ears--others may differ)

but id bet youd get better midrange out of the dayton 7" over that vifa pulp driver in the 177r set

the crossover is awesome though
i wouldnt be so quick to say that... the vifa xt have great midrange

·
Registered
415 Posts
masse1369 said:
im saying run the components just as is and then add an 8" midbass and run it off the headunit x-over.
Yes, you can definitely do that!

I was planning something very similar, until i decided to go full active.

With the Type-X passive xovers you can adjust/tune different slopes and xover points so they can perform more optimally to your application too.

I would use the 5.25 components in the kicks, so i wouldnt have to use as much footspace.

^try to keep the mid and tweet together so they wont need any time alignment inbetween them too..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts