DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,668 Posts
I know many share boards across lines but what brands specifically are you trying to compare? The hearing by ear topic has a lot of opinions ranging from you can never hear any difference all the way to the minute the amp was swapped I immediately heard the changes.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know many share boards across lines but what brands specifically are you trying to compare? The hearing by ear topic has a lot of opinions ranging from you can never hear any difference all the way to the minute the amp was swapped I immediately heard the changes.
Well i was going to mention skar audios 100.4ab but after making another post about them on fb a lot of uses had overheating issues. I'm sort of leaning towards si new amps or the jl audio rd400/4 now. Really liking the sleek design of that jl audio and the price point.

· Registered
2022 Ford Explorer ST
925 Posts
I'm going to provide my usual answer here. Can you tell a difference between an A/B from different makers? it depends. Will all your Kicker, Skar, Alpine big box brands sound the same? Probably. Will a Mosconi Zero, True Technology, or Brax sound the same? Debatable, but I believe they will have different sonic signatures. Will a Mosconi Pro sound the same as a Kicker or Skar? No, they will be different, but how much so will depend on the build. This is just my opinion.

· Registered
1,157 Posts
If you can hear a difference between level matched amps,you could get the $10k prize that Richard Clark has offered since the 2000’s.

Richard Clark Amplifier Challenge FAQ

Now this is all scientific blind faith A/B/X testing that’s required. If you were to simply swap out amps on your own, the amp that empty’s your wallet the most would sound better most of the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts