DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

SQ budget install advice

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Bayboy 
#1 ·
Hello forum this is my first post. I have learned a great deal on this forum its about time i start a thread lol. Below is a list of the current equipment i own i need advice on which drivers to install and wether to run active or not.(active capable HU,and amp). Also wether to run sealed or ported on a type r. I like punchy bass!Please any advice is appreciated
Additional info
2008 honda accord coupe 6.5 both front and rear slots
Components

Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.75-Inch COMPONENTS 60 RMS
Kenwood kfc p-709ps 80RMS Components

Subwoofer

Alpine Type R 12 1000RMS

Amplifiers
NVX's JAD800.4 125 rms*4 channels at 4 ohm,250rms*4 at 2ohm Active capable
Kenwood KAC-8406 70 ras*4 channels at 4 ohm,100rms*4 at 2ohm

#2 ·
Welcome! The type r is a nice sounding sub. I'd put it in a 1.25 cubic foot sealed enclosure and get at least a 600 watt amp for it (if you can't get a 1k watt amp).
I've used those Pioneer comps and they were pretty good for the price. Never heard the kenwoods so I can't compare them. Personally, I would run the nvx amp because it has more power than the kenwood. Maybe sell the stuff you aren't gonna use so you can get a strong sub amp if you're on a budget?

#3 · (Edited)
I'm in Lodi on business next week, actually.... It would be cool to get together and talk about building a system... A treat I've never experienced in my business travels... PM me if you like... I may not have the answers you want to hear, but I will have an opinion.

#5 ·
I don't intend on buying a processor yet, it's out of my budget at the moment. Also my headunit has time alignment and built in crossovers. At this time my biggest concerns are...
Proper speaker installation for good midbass
Tweeter placement for good imaging
And wether to have and high frequency rear fill?

#8 ·
I have those same kenwood components. The tweeters were a little bright around 10k, overall they were decent.

But for a little more money I upgraded to some audison prima components. They really improved the imaging and clarity. Wish I bought them to start with.

Or maybe some polk db6501's, havent heard them in person but they have good reviews.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.