DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new HU for my Mazda 6s. I'm more interested in sound quality than bells and whistles, Bluetooth, IPod, etc. I need two sets of high voltage preouts for my four channel amp. What's out there for around $500?
Thanks, Sam

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
New as in BNIB, or as in new to you?

There are always great SQ units available in the classified section here, but they are almost exclusively used of that makes a difference to you.

Do you plan to run an additional processor, or are you looking for a single chassis SQ unit?

A good starting point might be an Alpine 117.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Honestly, I think decks are getting worse and worse every year. Yes, features like HD radio, bluetooth, and Pandora control have been added, but the audio features are just dissappearing. The only decks in this years lineup that are half decent for audio IMO, are the Alpine CDA-117, and the Kenwood KDC-BT948HD. The Alpine has a 7 band graphic EQ, 5 band parametric, and T/A. The Kenwood I believe has a 5 band graphic, T/A, and some adjustable preset curves. The only true audio deck out right now IMO is the Pioneer DEX--p99rs, but that will easily cost you a G note.
I actually sold my CDA-117, to buy a 7 year old Alpine CDA-9855, because nothing out right now (except the PIoneer) has an active crossover built in. Even though I paid a lot of money for this old used Alpine, the audio adjustments are far better than any deck out right now..... except that damn DEX unit. That thing is amazing...

ALpine CDA-9855, Hertz HSK 165XL components, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL 1000/1v2, JL 13w7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts