DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 grand prix pick a sq system Im not to picky on items I already have my amps picked out. Still debating on active or passive

Subs: 300 dollar budget I prefer 10's or 8's I will consider 12's
Mids and highs still debating on 2 way or 3 way I have a budget of 4 on those Im leaning towards the PPI PC 3 way set up

On my amps I have
2 alpine m500 amps
2 diamond audio d6 450.2 amps
I am open to any suggestions I really need help im sick of twisting my mind trying to pick stuff out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
whats your budget for components?
I'd say check out hertz... hsk 165 seems like a good fit
subs i'd go with a single 12 like an hx300 hertz
ditch both the alpine amps and get something a little more powerful at 4 ohm

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 2003 grand prix pick a sq system Im not to picky on items I already have my amps picked out. Still debating on active or passive

Subs: 300 dollar budget I prefer 10's or 8's I will consider 12's
Mids and highs still debating on 2 way or 3 way I have a budget of 4 on those Im leaning towards the PPI PC 3 way set up

On my amps I have
2 alpine m500 amps
2 diamond audio d6 450.2 amps
I am open to any suggestions I really need help im sick of twisting my mind trying to pick stuff out.
Looking up that equipment, it would appear that those D6 amps are not capable of actively crossing a tweeter, plus if want to do an active 3-way you would also need another amp. Are you going to be using other equipment that is not listed above?

You have several options in my opinion with what you are looking at.

Option #1 - You could run one D6 to the 3-way PPI set through the passive crossover that comes with the set and the other D6 bridged to a single 4 ohm Ten or Twelve and call it a day.

Option #2 - You could run one D6 actively crossing the 6.5" woofer using both the SSF and LPF and the other D6 active HPF to the passive crossover and then on to the mid & tweet and either one or both Alpines to power a pair of tens or twelves.

Option #3 - You could run one D6 actively HP crossing a pair of wide-band drivers and the other D6 running a pair of 6.5's like option #2, also using the Alpines like option #2.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I already have the high energy's from hertz in my truck :) I really appreciate the help fellas. oh and I have the jbl ms8 for running active I forgot to add that. im going to say 500 at most for components Im going to have about 3 grand for everything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im also going to be adding alot more stuff to the build. I was also maybe thinkings 8's for some reason 10's in a sealed box sounds good to me. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
How big and where are the stock speakers located? Just trying to figure out if it is better a 2 way or 3 way for your car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are right now 5.25 im still thinking about converting them 6.5 like everyone else does. If i get the 3 way and run active im looking at getting two more of the diamonds or just getting a zed audio 6 channel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You could probably save a few dollars going with an XD600/6 and an XD600/1 and put the savings toward better speaker components.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts