DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i'm new here,

I was wondering if any of you guys could offer some experience,

I'm considering the Pheonix Gold XENON line the X200.2 to be specific.

I was wondering if anyone had any firthand experience with them and was willing to give me a straight up review on their Soundquality. I know they are strong amps with the triple darlington tech etc etc, but i would really like your views.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
hi guys i'm new here,

I was wondering if any of you guys could offer some experience,

I'm considering the Pheonix Gold XENON line the X200.2 to be specific.

I was wondering if anyone had any firthand experience with them and was willing to give me a straight up review on their Soundquality. I know they are strong amps with the triple darlington tech etc etc, but i would really like your views.

Thanks in Advance.
I can't comment on the multi channels (which is what you are looking for) but I've got the 600.1 running my subs and love it. The only reason I would look into replacing it is to save some space. I have heard good things about the 2-4 channels as well. I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

If I'm not mistaken, Hillbilly SQ is using one. Maybe he'll chime in.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I am not a expert and cant give you a fancy review..I can tell you there are as good as some of their legendary stuff but less expensive....and have pleny of clean power.

Only drawback was their size...the 200.4 is huge..the 200.2 is not so huge..

One of the top sounding amps I have had. You should try it and see...if you dont like then sell it. I think you will like it.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I personally havent used them but a complaint that i have seen regarding them is some fan noise but they could be very very picky because realistically will you notice it?

·
Registered
768 Posts
they are very nice amps, biggest thing is they want mega input voltage and a line driver is very helpful with these amps I have several of them and love them, even without the line driver.

·
Registered
727 Posts
no probs with them.
how would we review you the sq?
it provides ample power and is a good amp. :confused:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I used the 200.4 in the past to power my whole system - 3 way passive + sub. It handled the job perfectly.
I might add, their xovers are excellent!

As far as SQ, it pretty much sounds like any other previous PG amp...a good thing

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I used the 200.4 in the past to power my whole system - 3 way passive + sub. It handled the job perfectly.
I might add, their xovers are excellent!

As far as SQ, it pretty much sounds like any other previous PG amp...a good thing

Vin speaks the truth....believe it

·
Registered
768 Posts
Tripple darlington is not a technologie or a special feature.
Phoenix Gold is the technology and the special feature. no worries with these amps sounding great.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i agree that the x200.4 is huge - im still trying to figure out how to fit in the second one ive obtained if i go three way active + sub - then i will need all 8 channels - but the car is only a small hatchback - only way i can figure out is to sacrifice my JBL 15' sub and go with a smaller 10" sub which doesnt need a huge enclosure

about the SQ bit - they sound as good as any other decent sounding amps out there - the only thing is that cosmetically they probably dont suit everyones taste - but im happy with the sound of them

the fan noise is only a problem when you start the system up - so you may lose a few noise points if you compete in SQ soundoffs - but whilst playing music they are adequately silent

·
Registered
176 Posts
i wanted the buy the xenon a year ago a read a lot about it. no complaints about the SQ. only issues with the size. awesome power-to-dollar ratio.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
i'm running a 100.4 and 400.1 and love them. traded my memphis mca3004 and mcd500 to dejo for them. he keeps offering to trade back but i give him the "go to hell" look:D:p

they're great performers and the only gripe i have is they're hungry for input voltage. all 3 of my gains are all the way down with the help of a tld66...best $60 shipped i've ever spent on my system. i had issues with the fan noise when i had the amps exposed but the design of my amprack completely silences the fan on startup. also, dejo torturetested my xenons in the last truck he had and said they're the ONLY amps that NEVER went into thermal protect during a long jam session on his long commutes. he had them in the most gawdaweful places too. THAT'S saying something right there and in my experience they SIP power. they make the most out of the current they pull unlike *cough* eD *cough*

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have a 600.1 a 100.4 and a 200.2 and other than the size they are my preference for amps, no drawbacks on the sq and just flat out git with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks alot for all the comments guys,

I really appreciate it,

I'm now the owner of 3 200.2

Thanks again.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks alot for all the comments guys,

I really appreciate it,

I'm now the owner of 3 200.2

Thanks again.
I highly doubt that you'll regret it. I haven't had an issue out of my 100.2 and 600.1 since I bought them 2yrs ago. These are VERY strong and clean amps. I'm still surprised how "slept on" these amps are by the SQ crowd especially at the prices they go for. Maybe it's the cosmetics? The look kinda grows on you after awhile though.:blush:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts