DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car: Audi A3 1.8t 8L 1999
Budget: 3.450USD

Whatever is listed at the time of viewing is my current set-up which (hopefully) will change based on the comments people make. Appreciated :)

Amplifier:
Gladen AS 200.4]GLADEN DSP 4to6

Monoblock:
Will I need it? Looking for SQ.

Subwoofer:
2x 10" Image Dynamics IDQ10V3.D4 2 ohm or 4 ohm? Measures of the box I'll have to make for it to be perfect?

Mid-Range:
Looking for SQ. 6.5"

Tweeter:
Looking for SQ. Put them in door panel by the door handle or on the pillars?

·
Registered
494 Posts
First off welcome to the forums.

It looks like you're going to run the comps off the front left and right and run the subs off the rear, that will work fine but your limiting your self if you decide to go active in the future. I would say get the 4 channel and then ether a mono block or a 2-channel for the subs. Though as far as amps go I don't know what brands are easy to find over in Europe but Audio System/Galden/Mosconi will have what you're looking for if you want to stick with them, though you can take a look at ground zero they've got some real nice gear.

As far as components what price point are you looking at? Judging by your budget and the price that Galden amps usualy sell for (from the little I've seen) I'm gonna guess your looking in the $300-$500 range.

Helix - Precision 6.50

Diamond Audio - H600S

Boston Acoustics - PRO60SE, these may not be viable do to the fact the BA no longer makes car audio also I don't know there market presence in Europe compared to the US.

Out of the three I only have personal experience with the BA's but the other two seem to be well respected in there own right. You can get good SQ comps for less than these guys and I'm pretty sure you'll get others posing some real damn good options for less bread but my thinking is if you've got the money and can afford to spend it, I say why not.

As for the tweets that's gonna be more or less up to you. The pillar mounting allows you to adjust vertical and horizontal placement and can add a stylish custom touch to an other wise stick interior. Though with that said if you're Audi has stock tweeters in the door panels you may want to give that a shot first. Mounting the tweets will be easier (since you don't have to make pods and mounts, though that is the fun of DIY) and it will help keep the interior looking stock, if that's something you want.

If you end up going with an amp that doesn't have a built in DSP, you should take a look at the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 . There are cheaper DSP's out there (MiniDSP) but the RF offers some real in depth adjusts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off welcome to the forums.

You're gonna need more than a 4 channel if you want comps and a set of subs, 1 four channel + 1 two-channel (or a mono block), or 1 five-channel (with the sub's wired in series/parallel, which ever the amp can handle), or 1 6-channel. I don't know what brands are easy to find over in Europe but Audio System/Galden/Mosconi will have what you're looking for if you want to stick with them, though you can take a look at ground zero they've got some real nice gear.

As far as components what price point are you looking at? Judging by your budget and the price that Galden amps usualy sell for (from the little I've seen) I'm gonna guess your looking in the $300-$500 range.

Out of the three I only have personal experience with the BA's but the other two seem to be well respected in there own right.

P236P - Precision 6.50

H600S - Diamond Audio 6.5

PRO60SE - Boston Acoustics 6.5, these may not be viable do to the fact the BA no longer makes car audio also I don't know there market presence in Europe compared to the US.

You can get good SQ comps for less than these guys and I'me pretty sure you'll get others posing some real damn good options for less bread but my thinking is if you've got the money and can afford to spend it I say why not.

As for the tweets that's gonna be more or less up to you. The pillar mounting allows you to adjust vertical and horizontal placement and can add a stylish custom touch to an other wise stick interior. Though with that said if you're Audio has stock tweeters in the door panels you may want to give that a shot first. Mounting the tweets will be easier (since you don't have to make pods and mounts, though that is the fun of DIY) and it will help keep the interior looking stock, if that's something you want.

If you end up going with an amp that doesn't have a built in DSP, you should take a look at the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 . There are cheaper DSP's out there (MiniDSP) but the RF offers some real in depth adjusts.
Wow, thanks a lot. I'm breaking my plan down in parts. So first I've got my mind set on IDQ Subwoofers. What specs do I want my monoblock to have? Do I want 2 ohm, or 4 ohm? Are they Dual-Voice or Single-Voice?

I'd also like to stick with one brand on the amplifiers. And on mid-range and tweeters I have no problem spending 500-600 USD :D

·
Registered
494 Posts
Wow, thanks a lot. I'm breaking my plan down in parts. So first I've got my mind set on IDQ Subwoofers. What specs do I want my monoblock to have? Do I want 2 ohm, or 4 ohm? Are they Dual-Voice or Single-Voice?

I'd also like to stick with one brand on the amplifiers. And on mid-range and tweeters I have no problem spending 500-600 USD :D
Forget what I initially said on the amps I misread what you were planing on doing as far as in cabin speakers (I though you were going to be doing rear fill with front comps meaning you would have six speakers in total and only 4 channels).

As far as a mono block goes, I'd say look got with at least 2-ohm stable (1 ohm if you can). If you wanna stay with gladen something like the Galden AS 200.2 would work, you would just bridge channels 1 and 2.

It looks like ID only offers dual VC on that line, though it comes in two flavors 4 ohm or 2 ohm. Personally I'd go with the 4 ohm if you're going to get 2 of them. Then you would wire them in parallel and they would show up as a 2 ohm load.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will everything run smoothly if cabled and set-up correctly? Will the amplifiers handle it just fine and that sort of thing. Are there spesific specs I'm want to be looking at wheb selecting the right player?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts