DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning out my set for my camaro once it is finished and im not sure what sub to get. i would like a 10'' or 12'' 800-1000 watts that can get loud the few times i have hiphop/rap in but still blends nicley in rock and hard rock. the specs on the morel ultimo looked promising but from what i have read up on them they dont get too loud. the re xxx 12 would be perfect but i dont have the physical space for the large basket and box. any suggestions?? i plan on picking up a audison lrx 1.1k to power it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
im planning out my set for my camaro once it is finished and im not sure what sub to get. i would like a 10'' or 12'' 800-1000 watts that can get loud the few times i have hiphop/rap in but still blends nicley in rock and hard rock. the specs on the morel ultimo looked promising but from what i have read up on them they dont get too loud. the re xxx 12 would be perfect but i dont have the physical space for the large basket and box. any suggestions?? i plan on picking up a audison lrx 1.1k to power it.
With the right enclosure, a DD 9510 can sound damn good. Has to be a ported enclosure though so if space is an issue, forget it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i thought dds were for mainly spl and didnt sound too good sq wise.
That's why I said "With the right enclosure". You can build an SPL enclosure but they also have recommendations for SQ enclosures. I had a 9510 connected to a Tru Hammer in a 1.5 ft^3 ported enclosure tuned to 32 Hz and it sounded great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry no room for a 15", i barely have room for a 12, i going to have to modify the rear deck. but thanks for the offer, great looking sub.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Avalanche, Brahma, W7, Stroker (old), Stroker Pro, 04-05 RE XXX, RE MX, TC Sounds LMS-R and Ultra, PG Ti12d Elite, Arc Audio Flatlynes, ID IDMAX, Fi Q, the list goes on and on

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I would have to say look around on the build logs and see what some of the serious SQ systems are using. Most of those guys however aren't all that worried about loads of output. Personally I like sealed enclosures over vented but just like your question your going to find LOTS of personal advise. I like lots of the older subs that don't have 8-14" of basket taking up space. Honestly the list for this kind of sub is HUGE....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would prefr sealed over vented as I like the snappiness of a sealed box. I really wish I had the space to run the new re xxx 12.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Just how loud do you need to go? I suspect that a single mid-priced 12 inch subwoofer with 15-20mm of xmax and good power handling capability could be enough due to the car's cabin gain. Subs in RE XXX class probably go beyond that, where they can rattle your windshield wipers, etc, not sure if that makes them worth their price.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I currently have 2 8's ported on 400 watts in my truck and I would like to get agood bit louder. I like to listen to my music loud but I still want it to sound good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
what about one of the older a JBL 1200GTI's. they only take 1.25 cubic box and they are very slim. here's a pic compared to a regular 12

·
Registered
192 Posts
Plus 1 on the arc audio. The 12d2 or 12d4s are a great sounding sub that will play loud, low, and very very accurately in 1 cube of airspace. They are efficient (89 db 1w/1m) and are built well. Check out their specs. Best of all you can get them for a couple hundred bucks each. Great sounding subs IMO.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I would like a 10'' or 12'' 800-1000 watts that can get loud the few times i have hiphop/rap in but still blends nicley in rock and hard rock. The specs on the morel ultimo looked promising but from what i have read up on them they dont get too loud. the re xxx 12 would be perfect but i dont have the physical space for the large basket and box. any suggestions?? i plan on picking up a audison lrx 1.1k to power it.
I know a guy who had four 12s in his SUV and put a pair of Ultimo 12s in place. He is seriously considering just over powering one in a large enclosure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
idmax....good off 500rms or 1000rms...sealed, ported, ib it don't matter it'll sound good and get loud and low.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts