DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of you guys installed a custom system in a 2012 Acura MDX or Lexus RX 450H? Both have a custom dash where it will take heavy mod to install a head unit into? I haven't been about to found a after market dash kit yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
Honestly, both will be tricky for a SQ system build. Sub bass should be no problem, but the front end could be tough. Both have huge consoles and pretty deep foot well areas with large overhangs. That will make height and image a challenge. You can do pillars, but you will need a lot of processing to correct.

Add the head unit challenges and you have a very ambitious potential build.

One advantage, both should be relatively quiet to begin with so you at least have a somewhat favorable environment (for a car) to start.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Leave thr stock headunit and add a good processor. Depending on who is doing install the bit1 is great ms8 is good.
A few others look promising but aren't going to be on the market till atleast second quarter 2012 and I doubt that will be accurate

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am putting in a full F1 status system. Missing the screen M990. I was planning on putting in the tweets in the a pillar then the mids in the door or kick. haven't buy the car yet. Have to test for best location, once buy it. I think the processing side should be OK. Both are quiet car to start with so damping is min. Might need a center stage, not sure yet. The center dash will need to be custom for both car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts