Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Kinda

Votes: 10 52.6%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please give all your suggestions as what can be done to improve sound quality in (in general) in this setup.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/sharif890/complete2.jpg

This is all I can think of as now. I plan on buying the CDT HD-62 for front, to utilize the potential of JL 450/4 amp.

The sound is little harsh. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
will this system be for competition or just for yourself
Why a rear fill?
i would just use the compo in front with the sub
i've heard that the alpine HU is a very good one

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will this system be for competition or just for yourself
Why a rear fill?
i would just use the compo in front with the sub
i've heard that the alpine HU is a very good one
oh this is no way n ear a competition system, this is just for my daily driver. i like real fills, well honestly speaking the rears over power my front as of now, hence i said i will be getting a pair of cdt hd-62 for front.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I honestly would sell your 4 speakers and get some nice 2 way components and mount them in the front. The only other ideas would be box in the 6x9 for better midbass output, mount the other components in the kicks. Every other part of your setup looks like a great foundation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly would sell your 4 speakers and get some nice 2 way components and mount them in the front. The only other ideas would be box in the 6x9 for better midbass output, mount the other components in the kicks. Every other part of your setup looks like a great foundation.

please explain how can i box the 6x9 in a sedan ....

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Are the 6X9 in the rear deck?....if so, then you build an enclosure around them sealed to your package shelf and your midbass will get tons better. Again, everything you have looks like a great system except your mids and highs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the 6X9 in the rear deck?....if so, then you build an enclosure around them sealed to your package shelf and your midbass will get tons better. Again, everything you have looks like a great system except your mids and highs.
yeah it is in the rear deck, it sounds hard to make an enclosure around it, making it completely sealed would be almost impossible ... maybe some sever modification to the metal body might be needed...

·
Registered
326 Posts
ditch the rear fill, get some better comps for the front

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Holy freaking crap. I crawl out of OT for 5 minutes, and someone want to enclose rear shelf 6x9s? Is HE starting to accumulate followers or something?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not only that, but it will protect the 6x9s from........

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
get rid of those crappy Infinity speakers, thats what makes it sound harsh is those crappy tweets they use
x2. That is the main reason I am ditching the Kappas in my 2006 Mustang. Don't get me wrong, those MMD tweeters that Infinity uses are great, provided you are 12 or more feet away from them. IMHO, the EMIT tweeters on the older Kappa line were much better!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
It seems like you already are using the active crossovers in your amplifier.

Ditch the rear fill for sure. You can get some NICE DIY drivers for a 2-way up front.

There are lots of reviews about great tweeters and mids on this site.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Holy freaking crap. I crawl out of OT for 5 minutes, and someone want to enclose rear shelf 6x9s? Is HE starting to accumulate followers or something?
Listen to this guy.

Almost all of your loudspeakers are way lower quality than your other components aside from the W6. Last time I listened to the Kappa line they'd gone from mediocre to OMFG STABBING EARS. Look at getting some decent components or you're going to end up with a headache listening to anything but bass-solos.

Also, 6x9's are silly. Get 6x9 to 6.5 converters in your rear deck if you absolutely want to put more speakers in the back.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You have plenty of active crossovers and channels of amplification.
Ditch all your speakers and go active. If you sell your 300/4 you can
get more money for better speakers. Run these in your front doors
off of the 450/4.

Parts Express:peerless 851123 CSX 6-1/2" Woofer 4 Ohm

$55 pr

Parts Express:Vifa D25AG-35 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter

$70 pr

Deadening, mounting rings etc:

$125

Oops, wrong tweeter, consider these to:
I have the fabrics but would go Al if I had
a do over. the 6 ohms on the tweeter above
will throw off your 450/4.

SEAS Prestige 27TAFNC/G $75 pr
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_250&products_id=633

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why not just use the 450/4 for the front and rear. It puts out less on channel 3 and 4 which would be ideal so your 6X9's don't overpower your components

·
Registered
31 Posts
I lol'd at the boxing the 6x9's. Just turn the gains down on the channel 3 and 4 on the amp and you should be fine. I have gains on my 300/4 all the way down for the rear speakers and on my HU(Pioneer Premier 860mp) I use the t/a setting for the front two seats and it sounds great.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Not only that, but it will protect the 6x9s from........
We here at DIYMA know the real reason. It will protect them from the W6's

Violent Bass Air

If you haven't already read up on this scurge of the SQ community, I strongly advise it. VBA is killing the sweet, lucious sounds of 6x9s everywhere.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts