DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking at a lot of sub options for my daily system I'm putting in my 04 Durango. I either want to go with one 18, two 15's, or maybe a 13, but it all depends. My main focus is getting loud and low, but still having great sq. $$>Sq>spl for the final decision. Also open to suggestions and would be most appreciated. Price: below 400 preferably. Here are mein options:

SSA Icon 18
Fi Q 18
IA Flatlyne 18
AA Havoc 18
Elemental Designs 19Ov.2
2 IA Lethal Injection 15's
2 Skar VVX 15's
2 Dayton RS HO/HF 15's
Elemental Designs 13Av.2

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If I had a SUV, I would do two 15's sealed. Im my experience, sealed can play 20hz and even lower with authority where ported cant unless you tune to 20hz! I love the low low bass...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
In the end you'll be disappointed with the "SQ" if your front stage can't keep up with your subwoofer/s.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Well if you decide to do 2 subs, i have a pair of nice FOCAL Polyglass 33 V1's i would sell for $300 + shipping, they have maybe 20 hrs play time only.. Were in my Focal Demo board, so never seen any real play..

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
In the end you'll be disappointed with the "SQ" if your front stage can't keep up with your subwoofer/s.
Loud subwoofers and SQ don't mix together. Would you really like your front stage to keep up with the subwoofers? Would 130dbs played by your tweeters sound pleasant?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Loud subwoofers and SQ don't mix together. Would you really like your front stage to keep up with the subwoofers? Would 130dbs played by your tweeters sound pleasant?

I was mainley referring to his mid bass. he did mention, "sq>spl"

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
so anyone have any experience with the subs listed above?
are you talking about the Focals i listed? They are stricly a SQ sub.. Focal not a SPL company, and those particular subs sold at $399 each. I will be posting them up here along with other focal stuff tomorrow is possible, then you should be able to search to look at pics..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure the 13av.2 has the best sq all around but the output would be presumably be much less than two 15's. I've read up on all of the subs and they're all suppose to sound great I'm just looking for comparisons and preferences from people who have heard a few of them.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My suggestion is to listen to some of the guys giving suggestions and their advice. I agree that it's really hard to have a loud sub that will blend with your front stage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts