DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought one of these and If you did have you had to use it? I bought a Alpine 9887 on ebay and was offered this for three years for $28 if I remember right. Sounded like an OK deal to me.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Probably because they aren't an authorized dealer. After you factor in the shipping and warranty, you could probably buy one locally for about the same, not have to send it back if there's a problem (swap in store instead), and have better service if needed.

Jay

·
Registered
962 Posts
Square trade has known to be a good service. If your unit fails, you pay shipping to them, and they have 7 days to return it working to you or refund your purchase price.

So, in reality, the wrrty costs the asking price plus shipping the unit. Its really ideal for more expenisve items like a 1k amp.

·
Registered
962 Posts
OH, I also believe you can't file a claim with your item until 90 days after purchase so as to prevent people selling DOA items and then claiming warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would buy locally but I live in a small town that only has two places that sell car stereo and they don't have anything worth buying. The closest towns that sell higher quality equipment are 175-200 miles away.
So to get what I want at a decent price online is about the only option. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts