DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
Not to piss you off, but that's the new version poop stack that SS came out with when they decided quality products weren't necessary.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn it. if i knew that i wouldnt have bothered...lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Unless there is an old board under the heatsink. Might be worth $50.00 thou

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
^lol.
Yep, it's a 300-2, not a 302. Second series Rubicons = notta so good.
Trivial history alert! :p
The first run of 1000-2s and 600-4s were produced with the 1st gen Rubicon board design. Not many of them were made, and shortly thereafter they changed to a regulated supply and your basic Korean assembly line standards.
There was some clue in the Owner's Manual that made it obvious which was which, but I don't recall what it was now. That's makes this info trivial, Ha! :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
^lol.
The first run of 1000-2s and 600-4s were produced with the 1st gen Rubicon board design. Not many of them were made, and shortly thereafter they changed to a regulated supply and your basic Korean assembly line standards.
There was some clue in the Owner's Manual that made it obvious which was which, but I don't recall what it was now. That's makes this info trivial, Ha! :)
I thought this spilled down also to the 302-2 and 502-2 for a brief period of time?

Thinking the manual part had something to do with "Made in the USA" written on it? I could be thinking of something else.

·
Registered
78 Posts
^lol.
Its sickening what they have done.

Such is the way with the former powerhouses though :(

My babies will have to be pried out of my cold dead hands. Or lots of money... lol

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I thought this spilled down also to the 302-2 and 502-2 for a brief period of time?

Thinking the manual part had something to do with "Made in the USA" written on it? I could be thinking of something else.
It's possible with the 300-2 and 500-2 boards, if so there wouldn't have been many of them. Apparently they used up whatever old boards they had left from the 1st gens, as both would fit in the same heatsink. As I recall, there was a small sticker that was placed over the specs in the manuals.
PM sent about Jaime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts