DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To help promote the new line of DCON subs, Sound Solutions Audio is giving way 2 SSA DCON subwoofers to 2 separate winners of our giveaway contest. The winner will get to pick which size they would like. (10" or 12") This contest will end on February 20th. Each entry will be assigned a number and thrown in a "hat". The winner will be drawn from that hat. Good luck to all contestants!

Rules

1.) Must all ready own a amplifier with output between 250w-400w @ 2 ohm mono. Must list what amplifier it is.
2.) Must have Stereo installation experience. List your experience.
3.) Must be an ACTIVE DIYMA member for 6 months. DIYMA Contributing members get a pass on this rule.
4.) Must do a pictorial or build log of system with in two weeks of receiving subs...
5.) Must do a medium length review with a decent array of music, listing sample tracks.
6.) Must post review + build log(pictures) on DIYMA plus 1 more 12v forum
7. Winner pays for shipping.

If you are interested please post the following information in this thread:

-Your user name
-State that you qualify and agree to the terms above
-List the required info from above in your reply

More iDCON nformation can be found at the SSA website:
www.soundsolutionsaudio.com

Good luck to everyone!

ANT

·
Co-Owner of SSA
106 Posts
this is a great way to win some free subs! Just to be clear, this is a totally separate give away from SSA's DCON giveaway. We are giving away 2 subs on each site. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mr Tibbs
I meet the requirements
My build experience isn't all that extensive, but I have put together a few systems. If I win this will be tested in at least 2 vehicles and 2 different boxes and I will also use 2 different amps. The first will be a sealed box in my car using a PG Xenon 600.1 for the amp. The second will be in the wife's FJ Cruiser using my ABC box that I already have built. The amp in that install will be the back channels of a PG Onyx 200.4 (roughly between 400-500 watts).

·
Registered
454 Posts
AndyInOC
Absolutely agree to the termas listed and meet the qualifications

New owner of a Sundown 1000d - 600 @ 2ohm (dont worry i am easy on gains)
latest build is in an 08 Scion xB that needs a better looking (and performing) substage, planning already in motion so the timing is perfect. For now have 2 way active front stage in stock locations, and the Clarion forum boner headunit. This is the latest car in the past few years, previous cars were way down on the learning curve. installations are always 100% my own including all fabrication.

Just in case a miracle happened and i won, there is approximately 11,000 songs of all genres at my fingertips, i like variety.

*edit* Did i misunderstand and this is for a pair of Dcon's? If so 600 watts @2 is great and i will unleash the fury on them lol

*2nd edit* IF i was to win, and complete the install (easy) I would like to set up a meet in the So Cal area for other members here and on any of the other various forums we are members of to hear and post their own impressions of them. Can have multiple boxes on hand for sealed vs ported and listening material from the other people, turn a win into a fun day for all

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
1.) Amplifier I have on hand is a DLS A5 (300w @ 4ohms, 500w @ 2ohms)
2.) See link in signature for a build log of my current system
3.) Been active for several years
4.) Will continue my build log, and start a new thread for this.
5.) Search for my previous reviews in the review section of this website
6.) I am a member on many other audio forums

·
Registered
343 Posts
1) RMAT
2) I agree to the terms listed
3) I own an Arc Audio 1500xxk.
I have done all of my own stereo installs since I was 16yrs old(30 now). I currently have two twelves in a custom enclosure in a 2007 accord where I could just drop the new SSA's in. Custom sail panels for tweets and custom 8's in the doors.

·
Registered
402 Posts
kidwolf909

1.) Alpine PDX1.600 in my tC (600RMS @ 2ohms) I won't blow it, I promise :D
2.) Have done full installs (HU, dual-amps, front stage, sub, wiring, etc) in my own car and my friend's car. Have also done simple HU and speaker installs in 4 other friend's cars. In addition, I have recently built my own set of bookshelf speakers using Seas ER18's and TBI HDSS tweets in 1ft^3 ported enclosures.
3.) Have been on this forum since my very first full install in my own car :)
4.) I love doing build logs and even though I'm in college, I will devote an entire weekend to the project and finish it.
5.) Will test with everything: The Eagles, Floyd, Zeppeling, Metallica, Tiesto, Infected Mushroom, Rick Ross, T.I., and even Mannheim Steamroller for it's beautiful orchestra compilations
6.) Will post build log on here and on Caraudio.com
7.) I agree.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rza
I agree that i meet the requirements
Kicker ZX 700.5
I been building and installing since the late 80s, both stereo installations and MDF and fiberglass box builds.

·
Registered
455 Posts
SublimeZ
I am qualified and agree to terms
Been installing for myself and friends since the late '70's
Will be run by Audison SRx5- [email protected]

·
Registered
300 Posts
I qualify and agree to the terms of the giveaway.
poochieone
1) JL audio 1000\1
2) i have been installing stereos on my own cars and those of friends for approx 13 years. can provide build up pics of my last 2 build ups.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
1. Chithead
2. I agree completely
3. I have install experience in multiple vehicles and numerous custom box builds. Even a RE SX 18" powered by an Orion 2250SX in a CRX! Currently constructing a center console for a Dodge Ram (that I would modify the design to incorporate these if necessary)
4. Would be powering them with a US Acoustics USX2150 - 225x2 @2 ohms.
5. I have access to shops for a build within two weeks.
6. I listen to many genres of music from Classical to Techno(some) to hard rock to Michael Jackson, to 70s, back to some 90s Grunge, then 80s out the ying yang.
7. Access to a digital camera to post an awesome build log on this site and another.
8. No problemo covering shipping costs.

·
Registered
566 Posts
nice, someones going to be happy in a month

feb marks my 6 month, am i qualified

·
Registered
33 Posts
- inPhase
- Yes I qualify and I agree to the terms above.
- List the required info from above in your reply:

1.) Rockford Fosgate Power T3002 - 351WRMS per channel at 2 Ohms (actual birthsheet of my amp - http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii466/wil0523/Car Audio/IMG_6588.jpg)
2.) Been doing car audio installs for myself, family, and friends since '98. (Link to my car audio page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/123950)
3.) DIYMA member since 04/06/2008 (11 months)
4.) Have a Canon A630 digital camera for pics and I can do the build log within the two-week time frame.
5.) I own and have access to a lot of music genres and reference material.
6.) I'm also a member of CA.com Forum and Sounddomain, so I can post the pics and review there.
7.) I agree to pay for shipping.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
bass_lover1

Linear Power 2.2HV @ 8ohms should be good for 600 or so watts.
I agree to the above terms and conditions.
I've been doing my own installs since I was 16, and I'm the "go to" guy when my friends need stereo help.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
James Bang
I qualify and agree to the terms above
250w @ 2ohms - Soundstream VGA 500.4
I'm the main installer in my group of friends. They all come to me. Also, I use to work for a small audio shop/distributor.

Here is my trial and error build log that I'm too lazy to import to this board: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263953

If / WHEN I win, I will try it IB'd in my car or sealed in my brothers car (1.5cuft sealed w/ 700w @ 2ohms - Cadence SQA-1)

·
Registered
141 Posts
OldSkool_08

I agree to all rules applied below to DCON giveaway

1.) Must all ready own a amplifier with output between 250w-400w @ 2 ohm mono. Must list what amplifier it is.

Own 1 PPI PCX-1250 500 Watt Mono @ 20hms.
2 channel Orion Extreme 400 400Watt Mono

2.) Must have Stereo installation experience. List your experience.

6 years as professional installer (1990-1996) 1996-Current (Diyer)

3.) Must be an ACTIVE DIYMA member for 6 months. DIYMA Contributing members get a pass on this rule.

Been a member since June 08'

4.) Must do a pictorial or build log of system with in two weeks of receiving subs...

Will be tough but I can do it....:laugh:

5.) Must do a medium length review with a decent array of music, listing sample tracks.

I have a lot of various music that I will use Korn, Opeth, Bass Mekanik, Yello

6.) Must post review + build log(pictures) on DIYMA plus 1 more 12v forum

Agree, digital camera waiting!

7. Winner pays for shipping.

Agree

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.